1. Bistrian BR, Blackburn GL, Vitale J, et al. Prevalence of malnutrition in general medical patients. JAMA 1976; 235:1567-1570. [OpenAIRE]
2. Allison S. Malnutrition in hospitalised patients, and assessment of nutrition support. Artif Nutr Sup Clin Pract 1995; 7:115-26.
3. Mc Whirter JP and Pennington CR. Incidence and recognition of malnutrition in hospital. BMJ 1994; 308:945-8.
4. Coats KG, Morgan SL, Bartolucci AA, Weinsier RL. Hospital-associated malnutrition: A reevaluation 12 years later (the skeleton in hospital closet). J Am Diet Assoc 1993; 93:27-33.
5. Edington J, Boorman J, Durrant E, Perkins A, Giffin C, James R, Thomson J. Prevalence of malnutrition on admission to four hospitals in England. Clin Nutr 2000; 19:191-5. [OpenAIRE]
6. Bruun LI, Bosaeus I, Bergstad I, Nygaard K. Prevalence of malnutrition in surgical patients: evaluation of nutritional support and documentation. Clin Nutr 1999; 18:141-8. [OpenAIRE]
7. Allison S. Malnutrition, disease, and outcome. Nutr 2000; 16:590-3.
8. Bourdel-Marchasson I, Barateau M, Sourgen C, Pinganaud, Sallemontaudon N, Richard-Harston S, Reignier B, Rainfray M. Prospective audits of quality of PEM recognition and nutritional support in critically ill elderly patients. Clin Nutr 1999; 18:233-40.
9. Beck AM, Ovesen. At which body mass index and degree of weight loss should hospitalised elderly patients be considered at nutritional risk? Clin Nutr 1998; 17:195-8.
10. Daly MJ. The evolution of Surgical Nutrition: Nutrient and Anabolic Interventions. Ann Surg 1999; 229:19-21.
11. Ireson C, Schwartz W. Measuring outcomes in surgical patients. Am J Surg 2001; 181:76-80.
12. Vo NM, Waycaster M, Acuff RV, et al. Effects of postoperative carbohydrate overfeeding. Am Surg 1987; 53:632-635.
13. Weissman C, Kemper M. Metabolic measurements in the critically ill. Crit Care Clin 1995; 11:169-197.
14. Flancbaum L, Choban PS, Sambucco S, et al. Comparison of indirect calorimetry, the Fick method, and prediction equations in estimating the energy requirements of critically ill patients. Am J Clin Nutr (United States), Mar 1999, 69(3):461-6. [OpenAIRE]
15. Singer P, Cohen JD. Clinical Applications of Indirect Calorimetry in the Intensive Care Setting. In: Vincent J-L ed. 2003 Yearbook of Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine. Springer, 2003; 912-919.