1. Khan AA, Maibach HI, Strauss WG (1968) The role of convection currents in mosquito attraction to human skin. Mosquito News 28: 462-464.
2. Carde´ RT, Gibson G (2010) Host finding by female mosquitoes: mechanisms of orientation to host odours and other cues. In: Takken W, Knols BGJ, eds. Olfaction in Vector-Host Interactions. Wageningen: Wageningen Academic Publishers. pp 115-140.
3. Allan SA, Day JF, Edman JD (1987) Visual ecology of biting flies. Annual Review of Entomology 32: 297-316. [OpenAIRE]
4. Olanga E, Okal M, Mbadi P, Kokwaro E, Mukabana W (2010) Attraction of Anopheles gambiae to odour baits augmented with heat and moisture. Malaria Journal 9: 6. [OpenAIRE]
5. Takken W, Knols BGJ (1999) Odor-mediated behavior of afrotropical malaria mosquitoes. Annual Review of Entomology 44: 131-157. [OpenAIRE]
6. Knols BGJ, De Jong R, Takken W (1995) Differential attractiveness of isolated humans to mosquitoes in Tanzania. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 89: 604-606. [OpenAIRE]
7. Logan JG, Birkett MA, Clark SJ, Powers S, Seal NJ, et al. (2008) Identification of human-derived volatile chemicals that interfere with attraction of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. Journal of Chemical Ecology 34: 308-322. [OpenAIRE]
8. Bernier UR, Booth MM, Yost RA (1999) Analysis of human skin emanations by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. 1.Thermal desorption of attractants for the yellow fever mosquito (Aedes aegypti) from handled glass beads. Analytical Chemistry 71: 1-7.
9. Qiu YT, Smallegange RC, van Loon JJA, Ter Braak CJF, Takken W (2006) Interindividual variation in the attractiveness of human odours to the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae s.s. Medical and Veterinary Entomology 20: 280-287.
10. Shelley WWB, Hurley HHJ, Jr., Nichols AAC (1953) Axillary odor; experimental study of the role of bacteria, apocrine sweat, and deodorants. A M A Archives of Dermatology and Syphilology 68: 430-446.
11. Rennie PJ, Gower DB, Holland KT (1991) In-vitro and in-vivo studies of human axillary odor and the cutaneous microflora. British Journal of Dermatology 124: 596-602.
12. Taylor D, Daulby A, Grimshaw S, James G, Mercer J, et al. (2003) Characterization of the microflora of the human axilla. International Journal of Cosmetic Science 25: 137-145.
13. Ara K, Hama M, Akiba S, Koike K, Okisaka K, et al. (2006) Foot odor due to microbial metabolism and its control. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 52: 357-364.
14. Xu Y, Dixon S, Brereton R, Soini H, Novotny M, et al. (2007) Comparison of human axillary odour profiles obtained by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and skin microbial profiles obtained by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis using multivariate pattern recognition. Metabolomics 3: 427-437.
15. Tims S, van Wamel W, Endtz HP, van Belkum A, Kayser M (2010) Microbial DNA fingerprinting of human fingerprints: dynamic colonization of fingertip microflora challenges human host inferences for forensic purposes. International Journal of Legal Medicine 124: 477-481. [OpenAIRE]