1. Wang Y, Beydoun MA. The obesity epidemic in the United States - gender, age, socioeconomic, racial/ethnic, and geographic characteristics: a systematic review and meta-regression analysis. Epidemiol Rev 2007; 29: 6-28.
2. Sobal J, Stunkard AJ. Socioeconomic status and obesity: a review of the literature. Psychol Bull 1989; 105: 260-275. [OpenAIRE]
3. McLaren L. Socioeconomic status and obesity. Epidemiol Rev 2007; 29: 29-48.
4. Monteiro CA, Moura EC, Conde WL, Popkin BM. Socioeconomic status and obesity in adult populations of developing countries: a review. Bull World Health Organ 2004; 82: 940-946.
5. The World Bank. Classification of economies. 2010. Available from: URL http://data.worldbank.org/about/countryclassifications (accessed September 2011).
6. Ziraba AK, Fotso JC, Ochako R. Overweight and obesity in urban Africa: a problem of the rich or the poor? BMC Public Health 2009; 9: 465-473. [OpenAIRE]
7. Kim SA, Yount KM, Ramakrishnan U, Martorell R. The relationship between parity and overweight varies with household wealth and national development. Int J Epidemiol 2007; 36: 93-101.
8. Bovet P, Chiolero A, Shamlaye C, Paccaud F. Prevalence of overweight in the Seychelles: 15 year trends and association with socio-economic status. Obes Rev 2008; 9: 511-517. [OpenAIRE]
9. Nguyen MD, Beresford SA, Drewnowski A. Trends in overweight by socio-economic status in Vietnam: 1992 to 2002. Public Health Nutr 2007; 10: 115-121.
10. Mendez MA, Cooper RS, Luke A, Wilks R, Bennett F, Forrester T. Higher income is more strongly associated with obesity than with obesity-related metabolic disorders in Jamaican adults. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28: 543-550. [OpenAIRE]
11. Marins VM, Almeida RM, Pereira RA, Sichieri R. The association between socioeconomic indicators and cardiovascular disease risk factors in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. J Biosoc Sci 2007; 39: 221-229.
12. Hou X, Jia W, Bao Y et al. Risk factors for overweight and obesity, and changes in body mass index of Chinese adults in Shanghai. BMC Public Health 2008; 8: 389.
13. Fezeu L, Minkoulou E, Balkau B et al. Association between socioeconomic status and adiposity in urban Cameroon. Int J Epidemiol 2006; 35: 105-111. [OpenAIRE]
14. Pikhart H, Bobak M, Malyutina S, Pajak A, Kubinova R, Marmot M. Obesity and education in three countries of the Central and Eastern Europe: the HAPIEE study. Cent Eur J Public Health 2007; 15: 140-142. [OpenAIRE]
15. Fernald LC. Socio-economic status and body mass index in low-income Mexican adults. Soc Sci Med 2007; 64: 2030-2042. [OpenAIRE]