1. A.A. Abdel-Ghaly, P.Y. Chan and B. Littlewood, "Evaluation of competing software reliability predictions," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. SE-12, no. 9, pp.950-967, 1986.
2. E.N. Adams, "Optimizing preventive service of software products," IBM Journal Research and Development, vol. 28, no. 1, pp.2-14, 1984.
3. T. Anderson, P.A. Barrett, D.N. Halliwell and M.R. Moulding, "Software fault tolerance: an evaluation," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. SE-11, no. 12, pp.1502-1510, 1985.
4. A. Avizienis and J. P. J. Kelly, "Fault Tolerance by Design Diversity: Concepts and experiments", IEEE Computer, 17, pp. 67-80, 1984.
5. J. Barwise, "Mathematical proofs of computer system correctness", Notices of the AMS, 36, pp 844- 851, Sept 1989.
6. P. G. Bishop and F. D. Pullen. "PODS Revisited - A Study of Software Failure Behaviour," in Proc. 18th International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, pp. 1-8., Tokyo, Japan, 1988.
7. P.A. Curritt, M. Dyer and H.D. Mills, "Certifying the reliability of software," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. SE-12, no. 1, pp.3-11, 1986.
8. M.H. de Groot. Optimal Statistical Decisions, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1970.
9. Federal Aviation Administration Advisory Circular , AC 25.1309-1A.
10. B.J. Garrick, "The Approach to Risk Analysis in Three Industries: Nuclear Power, Space Systems, and Chemical Process," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, vol. 23, no. 3, pp.195-205, 1988.
11. F.K. Giloth and K.D. Prantzen. "Can the reliability of digital telecommunication switching systems be predicted and measured?," in Proc. 13th International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, pp. 392-397, Milano, Italy, 1983.
12. J.C. Knight and N.G. Leveson. "An empirical study of failure probabilities in multi-version software," in Proc. 16th International Symposium on Fault-Tolerant Computing, pp. 165-170, Vienna, Austria, 1986.
13. Nancy Leveson, "Software safety in embedded computer systems", CACM, Vol 34, No 2, pp34-46, 1991
14. B. Littlewood and D.R. Miller, "Conceptual modelling of coincident failures in multiversion software," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. SE-15, no. 12, pp.1596-1614, 1989.
15. B. Littlewood, "Limits to evaluation of software Dependability', in Software Reliability and Metrics (Proceedings of 7th Annual CSR Conference, Garmisch-Partenkirchen), Eds N. Fenton, B. Littlewood, pp81-110, London, Elsevier.