Fernandez-Rodriguez J, Yang L, Gorochowski TE, Gordon DB, Voigt CA: Memory and Combinatorial Logic Based on DNA Inversions: Dynamics and Evolutionary Stability. ACS Synth Biol 2015, 4:1361-1372.
Sleight SC, Bartley BA, Lieviant JA, Sauro HM: Designing and engineering evolutionary robust genetic circuits. J Biol Eng 2010, 4:12. [OpenAIRE]
9. Ceroni F, Boo A, Furini S, Gorochowski TE, Borkowski O, Ladak YN, Awan AR, Gilbert C, Stan G-B, Ellis T: Burden-driven feedback control of gene expression. Nat Methods 2018, 15:387-393. •• Details the development of a feedback control system to automatically regulate the burden experienced by cells expressing a synthetic genetic construct. The major contribution is the detailed analysis of endogenous cellular responses to find a suitable burden-responsive promoter and the use of a tunable CRISPRi feedback regulatory mechanism that enables any synthetic construct to be targeted. It is shown that this system can significantly improve the yield of protein products, as well as the evolutionary stability of genetic constructs. [OpenAIRE]
10. Stanton BC, Nielsen AAK, Tamsir A, Clancy K, Peterson T, Voigt CA: Genomic mining of prokaryotic repressors for orthogonal logic gates. Nat Chem Biol 2014, 10:99-105.
11. Chappell J, Westbrook A, Verosloff M, Lucks JB: Computational design of small transcription activating RNAs for versatile and dynamic gene regulation. Nat Commun 2017, 8:1051.
12. Chappell J, Takahashi MK, Lucks JB: Creating small transcription activating RNAs. Nat Chem Biol 2015, 11:214-220.
13. Kim H, Bojar D, Fussenegger M: A CRISPR/Cas9-based central processing unit to program complex logic computation in human cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2019, 116:7214.
14. Gilbert LA, Horlbeck MA, Adamson B, Villalta JE, Chen Y, Whitehead EH, Guimaraes C, Panning B, Ploegh HL, Bassik MC, et al.: Genome-Scale CRISPR-Mediated Control of Gene Repression and Activation. Cell 2014, 159:647-661. [OpenAIRE]
15. Green AA, Silver PA, Collins JJ, Yin P: Toehold Switches: De-Novo-Designed Regulators of Gene Expression. Cell 2014, 159:925-939. [OpenAIRE]
16. Green AA, Kim J, Ma D, Silver PA, Collins JJ, Yin P: Complex cellular logic computation using ribocomputing devices. Nature 2017, 548:117.
17. Gorochowski TE, Chelysheva I, Eriksen M, Nair P, Pedersen S, Ignatova Z: Absolute quantification of translational regulation and burden using combined sequencing approaches. Mol Syst Biol 2019, 15:e8719.
18. Kelly CL, Harris AWK, Steel H, Hancock EJ, Heap JT, Papachristodoulou A: Synthetic negative feedback circuits using engineered small RNAs. Nucleic Acids Res 2018, 46:9875-9889.
19. Soper T, Mandin P, Majdalani N, Gottesman S, Woodson SA: Positive regulation by small RNAs and the role of Hfq. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2010, 107:9602.
20. Greco FV, Tarnowski MJ, Gorochowski TE: Living computers powered by biochemistry. The Biochemist 2019, 41:14-18.
21. Briat C, Gupta A, Khammash M: Antithetic Integral Feedback Ensures Robust Perfect Adaptation in Noisy Biomolecular Networks. Cell Syst 2016, 2:15-26.