Subject: Computational Biology | Molecular biology | Research Article | Sequence Alignment | DNA sequence analysis | Genome Complexity | Genetic Loci | Genetics | Copy Number Variation | Genome Analysis | Molecular biology techniques | Genomics | Sequence analysis | Database and informatics methods | Alleles | Molecular Genetics | DNA sequencing | Sequencing techniques | Biology and life sciences | bepress|Life Sciences|Bioinformatics | Research and analysis methods | Heredity | QH301-705.5 | bepress|Life Sciences|Biology | Haplotypes | Genetic Mapping | Bioinformatics | Biology (General)
Somatic copy number variations (CNVs) play a crucial role in development of many human cancers. The broad availability of next-generation sequencing data has enabled the development of algorithms to computationally infer CNV profiles from a variety of data types includi... View more
1. Sathirapongsasuti JF, Lee H, Horst BAJ, Brunner G, Cochran AJ, Binder S, et al. Exome Sequencing-Based Copy-Number Variation and Loss of Heterozygosity Detection: ExomeCNV. Bioinformatics. 2011;btr462.
2. Chiang DY, Getz G, Jaffe DB, O'Kelly MJT, Zhao X, Carter SL, et al. High-resolution mapping of copy-number alterations with massively parallel sequencing. Nat. Methods. 2009;6:99-103.
3. Kim S, Jeong K, Bafna V. Wessim: a whole-exome sequencing simulator based on in silico exome capture. Bioinformatics. 2013;29:1076-7.
4. Stankiewicz P, Lupski JR. Structural variation in the human genome and its role in disease. Annu. Rev. Med. 2010;61:437-55.
5. Tan R, Wang Y, Kleinstein SE, Liu Y, Zhu X, Guo H, et al. An evaluation of copy number variation detection tools from whole-exome sequencing data. Hum. Mutat. 2014;35:899-907.
6. Escalona M, Rocha S, Posada D. A comparison of tools for the simulation of genomic next-generation sequencing data. Nat Rev Genet [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Jul 9];advance online publication. Available from: http://www.nature.com/nrg/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nrg.2016.57.html
7. Huang W, Li L, Myers JR, Marth GT. ART: a next-generation sequencing read simulator. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:593-4.
9. Ewing AD, Houlahan KE, Hu Y, Ellrott K, Caloian C, Yamaguchi TN, et al. Combining tumor genome simulation with crowdsourcing to benchmark somatic singlenucleotide-variant detection. Nat Meth. 2015;12:623-30.
10. Browning SR, Browning BL. Rapid and accurate haplotype phasing and missing-data inference for whole-genome association studies by use of localized haplotype clustering. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2007;81:1084-97.
11. Picard [Internet]. Picard. Available from: http://broadinstitute.github.io/picard 12. mpileup [Internet]. Available from: http://samtools.sourceforge.net/mpileup.shtml 13. Koboldt DC, Zhang Q, Larson DE, Shen D, McLellan MD, Lin L, et al. VarScan 2: Somatic mutation and copy number alteration discovery in cancer by exome sequencing. Genome Res. 2012;22:568-76.