mesheuropmc: nervous system | musculoskeletal, neural, and ocular physiology
Background: Long-Term Potentiation (LTP) is recognised as a core neuronal process underlying long-term memory. However, a direct relationship between LTP and human memory performance is yet to be demonstrated. The first aim of the current study was thus to assess the re... View more
1. Bliss, T. V. & Lømo, T. Long-lasting potentiation of synaptic transmission in the dentate 2. Cooke, S. F. & Bliss, T. V. P. Plasticity in the human central nervous system. Brain 129, 3.
Martin, S. J., Grimwood, P. D. & Morris, R. G. Synaptic plasticity and memory: an evaluation of the hypothesis. Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 23, 649-711 (2000).
4. Teyler, T. J. & DiScenna, P. Long-term potentiation. Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 10, 131-161 5. Figurov, A., Pozzo-Miller, L. D., Olafsson, P. & others. Regulation of synaptic responses 6. Harris, E. W., Ganong, A. H. & Cotman, C. W. Long-term potentiation in the 7. Kirkwood, A. & Bear, M. F. Hebbian synapses in visual cortex. J. Neurosci. 14, 1634- 8. Lynch, M. A. Long-term potentiation and memory. Physiol. Rev. 84, 87-136 (2004).
9. Beck, H., Goussakov, I. V., Lie, A., Helmstaedter, C. & Elger, C. E. Synaptic plasticity in the human dentate gyrus. J. Neurosci. 20, 7080-7086 (2000).
10. Chen, W. R. et al. Long-term modifications of synaptic efficacy in the human inferior and middle temporal cortex. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 93, 8011-8015 (1996).
11. Teyler, T. J. et al. Long-term potentiation of human visual evoked responses. Eur. J.
12. Clapp, W. C., Eckert, M. J., Teyler, T. J. & Abraham, W. C. Rapid visual stimulation 13. McNair, N. A. et al. Spatial frequency-specific potentiation of human visual-evoked potentials. Neuroreport 17, 739-741 (2006).
14. Ross, R. M. et al. Induction of orientation-specific LTP-like changes in human visual evoked potentials by rapid sensory stimulation. Brain Res. Bull. 76, 97-101 (2008).
15. Spriggs, M. J. et al. Indexing sensory plasticity: Evidence for distinct Predictive Coding and Hebbian Learning mechanisms in the cerebral cortex. bioRxiv 189944 (2017).
16. Clapp, W. C., Hamm, J. P., Kirk, I. J. & Teyler, T. J. Translating long-term potentiation 17. Kirk, I. J. et al. Long-term potentiation (LTP) of human sensory-evoked potentials. Wiley 22. Seelye, A. M., Howieson, D. B., Wild, K. V., Moore, M. M. & Kaye, J. A. Wechsler mild Alzheimer's disease. J. Clin. Exp. Neuropsychol. 31, 682-688 (2009).