Background: Perennial growth in plants is the product of interdependent cycles of daily and annual stimuli that induce cycles of growth and dormancy. In conifers, needles are the key perennial organ that integrates daily and seasonal signals from light, temperature, and... View more
4. Pruneda-Paz JL, Kay SA. An expanding universe of circadian networks in higher plants. Trends Plant Sci. 2010;15:259-65.
5. Hughes ME, Grant GR, Paquin C, Qian J, Nitabach MN. Deep sequencing the circadian and diurnal transcriptome of Drosophila brain. Genome Res. 2012;22:1266-81.
6. Dopico XC, Evangelou M, Ferreira RC, Guo H, Pekalski ML, Smyth DJ, et al. Widespread seasonal gene expression reveals annual diefrences in human immunity and physiology. Nat. Commun. 2015;6:7000.
7. Filichkin SA, Breton G, Priest HD, Dharmawardhana P, Jaiswal P, Fox SE, et al. Global profiling of rice and poplar transcriptomes highlights key conserved circadian-controlled pathways and cis-regulatory modules. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16907.
8. Nagel DH, Doherty CJ, Pruneda-Paz JL, Schmitz RJ, Ecker JR, Kay SA. Genome-wide identifcation of CCA1 targets uncovers an expanded clock network in Arabidopsis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2015;112:E4802-E4810.
9. Ingvarsson PK, García MV, Hall D, Luquez V, Jansson S. Clinal variation in phyB2, a candidate gene for day -length-induced growth cessation and bud set, across a latitudinal gradient in European Aspen (Populus tremula). Genetics. 2006;172:1845- 53.
10. Horvath DP, Anderson JV, Chao WS, Foley ME. Knowing when to grow: signals regulating bud dormancy. Trends Plant Sci. 2003;8:534-40.