Subject: bepress|Medicine and Health Sciences|Medical Specialties|Pediatrics
Background: There is lack of data on types of community first aids use and treatment given post injuries from many low-middle income countries, including India. Materials and Methods: A cross-sectional study was conducted among children up-to 18 years of age, in Ujjain ... View more
1. GBD 2016 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national life expectancy, all-cause mortality, and cause-specific mortality for 249 causes of death, 1980-2015: A systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2015. Lancet 2016, 388, 1459-1544.
2. Global Burden of Disease Child and Adolescent Health Collaboration. Adolescent Health, C.; Kassebaum, N.; Kyu, H.H.; Zoeckler, L.; Olsen, H.E.; Thomas, K.; Pinho, C.; Bhutta, Z.A.; Dandona, L., et al. Child and adolescent health from 1990 to 2015: Findings from the global burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors 2015 study. JAMA Pediatr 2017, 171, 573-592.
3. WHO World Report on Child Injury Prevention 2008. [(accessed on 28 July 2018)]; Available online: http://www.Who.Int/violence_injury_prevention/child/injury/world_report/en/
4. Wesson, H.K.; Boikhutso, N.; Bachani, A.M.; Hofman, K.J.; Hyder, A.A. The cost of injury and trauma care in low- and middle-income countries: A review of economic evidence. Health Policy Plan 2014, 29, 795-808.
5. Bartlett, S.N. The problem of children's injuries in low-income countries: A review. Health Policy Plan 2002, 17, 1-13.
6. Alonge, O.; Hyder, A.A. Reducing the global burden of childhood unintentional injuries. Arch Dis Child 2014, 99, 62-69.
7. Bonilla-Escobar, F.J.; Gutierrez, M.I. Injuries are not accidents: Towards a culture of prevention. Colomb Med (Cali) 2014, 45, 132-135.
8. Harmsen, A.M.; Giannakopoulos, G.F.; Moerbeek, P.R.; Jansma, E.P.; Bonjer, H.J.; Bloemers, F.W. The influence of prehospital time on trauma patients outcome: A systematic review. Injury 2015, 46, 602-609.
9. Hoque, D.M.E.; Islam, M.I.; Sharmin Salam, S.; Rahman, Q.S.; Agrawal, P.; Rahman, A.; Rahman, F.; ElArifeen, S.; Hyder, A.A.; Alonge, O. Impact of first aid on treatment outcomes for non-fatal injuries in rural bangladesh: Findings from an injury and demographic census. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2017, 14.
10. Fadeyibi, I.O.; Ibrahim, N.A.; Mustafa, I.A.; Ugburo, A.O.; Adejumo, A.O.; Buari, A. Practice of first aid in burn related injuries in a developing country. Burns 2015, 41, 1322-1332.