1. Baker, R. S., & Yacef, K. (2009). The state of educational data mining in 2009: A review and future visions. JEDM-Journal of Educational Data Mining, 1(1), 3-17.
2. Basu, S., Jacobs, C., & Vanderwende, L. (2013). Powergrading: a clustering approach to amplify human effort for short answer grading. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 1, 391-402.
3. Beinborn, L., Zesch, T., & Gurevych, I. (2014). Predicting the difficulty of language proficiency tests. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2, 517- 529. [OpenAIRE]
4. Bhat, S., Xue, H., & Yoon, S. Y. (2014). Shallow Analysis Based Assessment of Syntactic Complexity for Automated Speech Scoring. In ACL (1) (pp. 1305-1315).
5. Burrows, S., Gurevych, I., & Stein, B. (2015). The eras and trends of automatic short answer grading. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education, 25(1), 60- 117.
6. Burstein, J., Tetreault, J., & Madnani, N. (2013). The e-rater automated essay scoring system. Handbook of automated essay evaluation: Current applications and new directions, 55-67.
7. Common Core Standards Initiative. (2010). Common core state standards for English language arts and literacy in history/social studies, science, and technical subjects. Pennsylvania Department of Education.
8. Cotos, E. (2014). Genre-based automated writing evaluation for L2 research writing: From design to evaluation and enhancement. Springer. [OpenAIRE]
9. Daumé III, H. (2012). A Course in Machine Learning. http://ciml.info/
10. Domingos, P. (2015). The master algorithm: How the quest for the ultimate learning machine will remake our world. Basic Books.
11. Evanini, K., Hauck, M. C., & Hakuta, K. (2017). Approaches to Automated Scoring of Speaking for K-12 English Language Proficiency Assessments. ETS Research Report Series.
12. Foltz, P. W., Streeter, L. A., Lochbaum, K. E., & Landauer, T. K. (2013). Implementation and applications of the intelligent essay assessor. Handbook of automated essay evaluation, 68-88.
13. Hancke, J. (2013). Automatic prediction of CEFR proficiency levels based on linguistic features of learner language. Master's thesis, University of Tübingen.
14. Heilman, M., Zhao, L., Pino, J., & Eskenazi, M. (2008, June). Retrieval of reading materials for vocabulary and reading practice. In Proceedings of the Third Workshop on Innovative Use of NLP for Building Educational Applications (pp. 80-88). Association for Computational Linguistics.
15. Labutov, I., Basu, S., & Vanderwende, L. (2015). Deep Questions without Deep Understanding. In ACL (1) (pp. 889-898).