Using methods developed in multivariate splines, we present an explicit formula for discrete truncated powers, which are defined as the number of non-negative integer solutions of linear Diophantine equations. We further use the formula to study some classical problems ... View more
1. M. Beck and D. Pixton, The Ehrhart polynomial of the Birkhoff polytope, Discrete Comp. Geom., 30 (2003) 623-637.
2. M. Beck, R. Diaz and S. Robins, The Frobenius problem, rational polytopes, and Fourier-Dedekind sums, J. Number Theory, 96(2002) 1-21.
3. M. Beck and S. Robins, Computing the continuous discretely: integer-point enumeration in polyhedra, Springer, New York, 2007.
4. B. Bueler, A. Enge and K. Fukuda, Exact volume computation for polytopes: A practical study. In: Polytopes-Combinatorics and Computation, G. Kalai, and G.M. Ziegler, Eds., Birkh¨auser Verlag, Basel, 2000.
5. M. Brion and M. Vergne, Residue formulae, vector partition functions and lattice points in rational polytopes, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 10(1997) 797-833.
6. S. E. Cappell and J. L. Shaneson, Genera of algebraic varieties and counting of lattice points, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc., 30 (1994) 62-69.
7. C. S. Chan and D. P. Robbins, On the volume of the polytope of doubly stochastic matrices. Experiment. Math., 8 (1999) 291-300.
8. W. Dahmen, On multivariate B-splines, SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 17 (1980) 179-191.
9. W. Dahmen and C. A. Micchelli, Translates of multivariate splines, Linear Algebra Appl., 52/53 (1983) 217-234.
10. W. Dahmen and C. A. Micchelli, Recent progress in multivariate splines, in Approximation Theory IV (C. K. Chui, L.L. Schumaker, and J. Ward, Eds.), Academic Press, New York, 1983, 27-121.