Microservices as an Evolutionary Architecture of Component-Based Development: A Think-aloud Study
Parizi, Reza M.;
Subject: Computer Science - Software Engineering
Microservices become a fast growing and popular architectural style based on service-oriented development. One of the major advantages using component-based approaches is to support reuse. In this paper, we present a study of microservices and how these systems are rela... View more
1. P. D. Francesco, I. Malavolta and P. Lago, Research on Architecting Microservices: Trends, Focus, and Potential for Industrial Adoption, Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE International Conference on Software Architecture (ICSA17), pp. 21-30 (2017).
2. E. S. de Almeida, A. Alvaro, D. Lucredio, A. F. do Prado and L. C. Trevelin, Distributed component-based software development: an incremental approach, Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC 2004), pp. 4-9 (2004)
3. D. McIlroy, Mass-produced software components, NATO Conference, pp. 88-98 (1968)
4. T. Vale, I. Crnkovic, E. S. de Almeida, P. A. da Mota Silveira Neto, Y. C. Cavalcanti, S. R. de Lemos Meira, Twenty-eight years of component-based software engineering, Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 111, pp. 128-148 (2016)
5. N. Dragoni et al. (2017) Microservices: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. In: Mazzara M., Meyer B. (eds) Present and Ulterior Software Engineering. Springer.
6. D. Shadija, M. Rezai and R. Hill, Towards an understanding of microservices, Proceedings of 23rd International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC), Hudders eld, pp. 1-6 (2017)
7. N. Alshuqayran, N. Ali, R. Evans (2016) A Systematic Mapping Study in Microservice Architecture, Proceedings of IEEE 9th International Conference on ServiceOriented Computing and Applications, Macau, China, November 4-6, 2016.
8. A. R. Sampaio et al., Supporting Microservice Evolution, Proceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME), Shanghai, 2017, pp. 539-543.
9. T. Cerny, M. J. Donahoo, and M. Trnka, Contextual understanding of microservice architecture: current and future directions, ACM SIGAPP Applied Computing Review, vol. 17, pp. 29-45, 2018.
10. M. Schwarz, "Uber Engineering's Micro Deploy: Deploying Daily with Con dence," Uber Engineering, June, 23, 2016.