With the stagnation of processor core performance, further reductions in the time-to-solution for geophysical fluid problems are becoming increasingly difficult with standard time integrators. Parallel-in-time exposes and exploits additional parallelism in the time dime... View more
1. Dennard RH, Rideout V, Bassous E, Leblanc A. Design of ion-implanted mosfet's with very small physical dimensions. Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of 1974; 9(5):256-268.
2. Gander MJ. 50 years of time parallel time integration. Multiple Shooting and Time Domain Decomposition, Carraro T, Geiger M, Korkel S, Rannacher R (eds.). Springer-Verlag, 2015.
3. Haut T, Babb T, Martinsson P, Wingate B. A high-order time-parallel scheme for solving wave propagation problems via the direct construction of an approximate time-evolution operator. IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis 2015; .
4. Schreiber M, Peixoto PS, Haut T, Wingate B. Beyond spatial scalability limitations with a massively parallel method for linear oscillatory problems. The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications 2017; .
5. Hochbruck M, Ostermann A. Exponential integrators. Acta Numerica 2010; 19:209-286.
6. Kasahara A. Numerical integration of the global barotropic primitive equations with hough harmonic expansions. Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences 1977; 34(5):687-701.
7. Wang H, Boyd JP, Akmaev RA. On computation of hough functions. Geoscientific Model Development 2016; 9(4):1477.
8. Robert A. The integration of a spectral model of the atmosphere by the implicit method. Proc. WMO/IUGG Symposium on NWP, Tokyo, Japan Meteorological Agency, vol. 7, 1969; 19-24.
9. Hack JJ, Jakob R. Description of a global shallow water model based on the spectral transform method. National Center for Atmospheric Research, 1992.
10. Ritchie H. Application of the semi-lagrangian method to a spectral model of the shallow water equations. Monthly Weather Review 1988; 116(8):1587-1598.