Subject: cardiovascular diseases; cardiovascular risk factors; body mass index; systolic blood pressure; plasma total cholesterol
mesheuropmc: food and beverages
Aims: The British National Diet and Nutrition 2000/1 Survey data set records on 1,724 respondents (766 males and 958 females) were analyzed in order to assess the potential influences of red and processed meat intakes on cardiovascular risk factors. Methods: Linear regr... View more
1. Willet W. Foods and nutrients. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998.
2. Sacks FM, Campos H. Dietary therapy in hypertension. N Engl J Med 2010; 362: 2102-12. 3. Gordon MS. Ecological physiology. Science 1988; 242: 16.
4. McGill HC Jr. Introduction to the geographic pathology of atherosclerosis. Lab Invest 1968; 18: 465-7.
5. McGill HC Jr, Strong JP. eTh geographic pathology of atherosclerosis. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1968; 149: 923-7.
6. Keys A. Alpha lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol in the serum and the risk of coronary heart disease and death. Lancet 1980; 2: 603-6.
7. Keys A. W. O. Atwater memorial lecture: overweight, obesity, coronary heart disease and mortality. Nutr Rev 1980; 38: 297-307.
8. Keys A. Wine, garlic, and CHD in seven countries. Lancet 1980; 1: 145-6.
9. Keys A. Coronary heart disease, serum cholesterol, and the diet. Acta Med Scand 1980; 207: 153-60.
10. Tillotson JL, Kato H, Nichaman MZ et al. Epidemiology of coronary heart disease and stroke in Japanese men living in Japan, Hawaii, and California: methodology for comparison of diet. Am J Clin Nutr 1973; 26: 177-84.
11. Robertson TL, Kato H, Rhoads GG et al. Epidemiologic studies of coronary heart disease and stroke in Japanese men living in Japan, Hawaii and California. Incidence of myocardial infarction and death from coronary heart disease. Am J Cardiol 1977; 39: 239-43.