Subject: low molecular mass chitosan; xanthan gum; ciprofloxacin; hydrodynamically balanced capsules; stomach specific release | kitozan male molekulske mase; ksantan guma; ciprofloksacin; hidrodinamički uravnotežene kapsule; oslobađanje u želucu
Chitosan has become a focus of major interest in recent years due to its excellent biocompatibility, biodegradability and non-toxicity. Although this material has already been extensively investigated in the design of different types of drug delivery systems, it is stil... View more
1. N. Bhattarai, J. Gunn and M. Zhang, Chitosan-based hydrogels for controlled, localized drug delivery, Adv. Drug Del. Rev. 62 (2010) 83-99; DOI: 10.1016/j.addr.2009.07.019.
2. E. R. Gariépy and J. C. Leroux, Chitosan: A Natural Polycation with Multiple Applications, in Polysaccharides for Drug Delivery and Pharmaceutical Applications (Eds. R. H. Marchessault, F. Ravenelle and X. X. Zhu), ACS Symposium Series, Vol. 934, Washington 2006, pp. 243-259; DOI: 10.1021/ bk-2006-0934.ch012.
3. T. W. Wong, Chitosan and its use in design of insulin delivery system, Recent Pat. Drug Del. Formul. 3 (2009) 8-25.
4. A. E. B. Yassin, A. A. Ibrahim and M. A. Abdulah, Chitosan beads as a new gastroretentive system of verapamil, Sci. Pharm. 74 (2006) 175-188.
5. S. Y. Park, K. S. Marsh and J. W. Rhim, Characteristics of different molecular weight chitosan films affected by the type of organic solvents, J. Food Sci. 67 (2002) 194-197; DOI: 10.1111/j.1365- -2621.2002.tb11382.x.
6. J. Ali, S. Arora, A. Ahuja, A. K. Babbar, R. K. Sharma, R. K. Khar and S. Baboota, Formulation and development of hydrodynamically balanced system for metformin: In vitro and in vivo evaluation, Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 67 (2007) 196-201; DOI: 10.1016/j.ejpb.2006.12.015.
7. United States Pharmacopoeia 27/National Formulary 22, USP Pharmacopoeial Convention, Rockville (MD) 2000.
8. D. W. A. Bourne, Pharmacokinetics, in Modern Pharmaceutics (Eds. G. S. Banker and C. T. Rhodes), 4th ed., Marcel Dekker, New York 2002, pp. 67-92.
9. T. Higuchi, Rate of release of medicaments from ointment bases containing drugs in suspensions, J. Pharm. Sci. 50 (1961) 874-875; DOI: 10.1002/jps.2600501018.
10. R. W. Korsmeyer, R. Gurny, E. Doelker, P. Buri and N. A. Peppas, Mechanisms of solute release from porous hydrophilic polymers, Int. J. Pharm. 15 (1983) 25-35; DOI: 10.1016/0378-5173(83) 90064-9.