Subject: depression; mobile phone addiction; adolescents; mood disorder; positive emotions; social support
mesheuropmc: mental disorders
Background: Depression is a common mental disorder that is widely seen among adolescents suffering from mobile phone addiction. While it is well known that both positive emtions in adolescents wiotions and social support can have a positive impact by helping individuals... View more
1. Billieux J, Maurage P, Lopez-Fernandez O, Kuss DJ & Griffiths MD: Can disordered mobile phone use be considered a behavioral addiction? An update on current evidence and a comprehensive model for future research. Current Addiction Reports 2015; 2:156-162.
2. Carl JR, Fairholme CP, Gallagher MW, ThompsonHollands J & Barlow DH: The effects of anxiety and depressive symptoms on daily positive emotion regulation. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment 2014; 36:224-236.
3. Carl JR, Soskin DP, Kerns C & Barlow DH: Positive emotion regulation in emotional disorders: A theoretical review. Clinical Psychology Review 2013; 33:343-360.
4. Chen L, Yan Z, Tang W, Yang F, Xie X & He J: Mobile phone addiction levels and negative emotions among Chinese young adults: the mediating role of interpersonal problems. Computers in Human behavior 2016; 55:856- 866.
5. Chen R, Guang M, Lou JH, Wang EF, Gao L, Ma LJ: Aberrant hippocampus functional connectivity in college students with mobile phone dependence with resting-state fMRI. Chinese Journal of Medical Imaging Technology 2017; 33:193-197.
6. Chiew KS & Braver TS: Dissociable influences of reward motivation and positive emotion on cognitive control. Cognitive, Affective, & Behavioral Neuroscience 2014; 14:509-529.
7. Cho M: The relationships among smart phone use motivations, addiction, and self-control in nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence 2014; 12:311-323.
8. Devins GM, Orme CM: Center for epidemiologic studies depression scale. Test Critiques 1985; 2:144-60.
9. Du G, Xu Y, Zhao X, Diao MJ: Relationship among College Students' Mobile Phone Addiction Tendency, Life Events and Social Support. China Journal of Health Psychology 2014; 22:1896-1898.
10. Ge XH, Zhu ZH: Mobile phone addiction tendency and adult attachment among adolescents. Chinese Journal of Public Health 2014; 30:95-97.