Subject: karcinomska bol; opioidi; probijajuća bol | cancer pain; opioids; breakthrough pain
Breakthrough cancer pain is defined as transient pain exacerbation in patients with stable and controlled basal pain. Persistent and breakthrough pain are distinct components of cancer pain and require separate management. The management of breakthrough cancer pain shou... View more
Portenoy RK, Payne D, Jacobsen P. Breakthrough pain: characteristics and impact in patients with cancer pain. Pain 1999;81:129-34.
Bennett D, Burton AW, Fishman S i sur. Consensus panel recommendations for the assessment and management of breakthrough pain. Part 1: assessment. Pharm Therap 2005;30:296-301.
Bennett D, Burton AW, Fishman S i sur. Consensus panel recommendations for the assessment and management of breakthrough pain. Part 2: Management. Pharm Therap 2005;30:354-61.
Mercadante S, Radbruch L, Caraceni A i sur. Episodic (breakthrough) pain:consensusconferenceofanexpertworkinggroupoftheEuropean Association for Palliative Care. Cancer 2002;94:832-9.
6. Davies AN, Dickman A, Reid C i sur. The management of cancer-related breakthrough pain: recommendations of a task group of the Science Committee of the Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland. Eur J Pain 2009;13:331-8.
7. Svendsen KB, Andersen S, Arnason S i sur. Breakthrough pain in malignant and non-malignant diseases: a review of prevalence, characteristics and mechanisms. Eur J Pain 2005;9:195-206.
8. Lossignol DA, Dumitrescu C. Breakthrough pain: progress in management. Curr Opin Oncol 2010;22:302-6.
9. Mercadante S. The use of rapid onset opioids for breakthrough cancer pain: the challenge of its dosing. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2011;80:460-5.
10. Zeppetella G. Evidence-Based Treatment of Cancer-Related Breakthrough Pain With Opioids. J Natl Compr Netw 2013;11Supl1:S37-43.