In this study, structural equation model that analyzes the impact of resource and capability characteristics, more specifically value and rareness, on sustainable competitive advantage and above average performance is developed and empirically tested. According to the V... View more
1. Acquaah, M.; Chi, T. (2007), A longitudinal analysis of the impact of firm resources and industry characteristics on firm-specific profitability, Journal of Management and Governance, 11, pp. 179-213.
2. Barney, J. B. (1991), Firm resources and sustainable competitive advantage, Journal of Management, 17, pp. 99-120.
3. Barney, J. B. (1992), Integrating Organizational Behaviour and strategy Formulation Research: A Resource Based Analysis, Advances in Strategic Management, 8, pp. 38-59.
4. Barney, J. B. (1995), Looking inside for competitive advantage, Academy of Management Executive, 9 (4), pp. 49-61.
5. Barney, J. B.; Clark, D. N. (2007), Resource-Based Theory: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage, Oxford University Press, Oxford
6. Chmielewski, D. A.; Paladino, A. (2007), Driving a resource orientation: reviewing the role of resource and capability characteristics, Management Decision, 45 (3), pp. 462-483.
7. Drnevich, P. L.; Kriauciunas, A. P. (2011), Clarifying the conditions and limits of the contributions of ordinary and dynamic capabilities to relative firm performance, Strategic Management Journal, 32, pp. 254- 279.
8. Foss, N. J. and Knudsen, T. (2003), A Resource-Based Tangle: Towards a Sustainable Explanation of Competitive Advantage, Managerial and Decision Economics, Special Issue: Integrating Management and Economic Perspectives on Corporate Strategy, 24(4), pp. 291-307.
9. Grant, R. M. (2002), Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Concepts, Techniques, Applications (Fourth Edition), Blackwell Publishers, Oxford
10. Hair, J. F., et al. (2005), Multivariate Data Analysis, Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey