Aim: The aim of this study was to investigate the prevalence of permanent teeth extracted due to periodontal disease and its relation to several aspects such as age, gender and type of extracted teeth due to periodontal and non-periodontal reasons, among patients attend... View more
1. Miyaura K, Matsuka Y, Morita M, Yamashita A, Watanabe T. Comparison of biting forces in different age and sex groups: a study of biting efficiency with mobile and non-mobile teeth. J Oral Rehabil. 1999 Mar;26(3):223-7.
2. Caldas AF Jr. Reasons for tooth extraction in a Brazilian population. Int Dent J. 2000 Oct;50(5):267-73.
3. Chestnutt IG, Binnie VI, Taylor MM. Reasons for tooth extraction in Scotland. J Dent. 2000 May;28(4):295-7.
4. Matthews DC, Smith CG, Hanscom SL. Tooth loss in periodontal patients. J Can Dent Assoc. 2001 Apr;67(4):207-10.
5. Akhter R, Hassan NM, Aida J, Zaman KU, Morita M. Risk indicators for tooth loss due to caries and periodontal disease in recipients of free dental treatment in an adult population in Bangladesh. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2008;6(3):199-207.
6. Adeyemo WL, Oderinu HO, Oluseye SB, Taiwo OA, Akinwande JA. Indications for extraction of permanent teeth in a Nigerian teaching hospital: a 16-year follow-up study. Nig Q J Hosp Med. 2008 Jul-Sep;18(3):128-32.
7. Al-Shammari KF, Al-Ansari JM, Al-Melh MA, Al-Khabbaz AK. Reasons for tooth extraction in Kuwait. Med Princ Pract. 2006;15(6):417-22.
8. Aida J, Ando Y, Akhter R, Aoyama H, Masui M, Morita M. Reasons for permanent tooth extractions in Japan. J Epidemiol. 2006 Sep;16(5):214-9.
9. Jovino-Silveira RC, Caldas Ade F Jr, de Souza EH, Gusmão ES. Primary reason for tooth extraction in a Brazilian adult population. Oral Health Prev Dent. 2005;3(3):151-7.
10. Sanya BO, Ng'ang'a PM, Ng'ang'a RN. Causes and pattern of missing permanent teeth among Kenyans. East Afr Med J. 2004 Jun;81(6):322-5.