Journal: International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,volume 3,issue 1 January,pages68-79
Subject: Downsizing, social and economic condition, dependent affected employees
This research study examines the process of downsizing and is impact on the socio-economic condition of affected employee. It was conducted in September 2008 in different areas of NWFP namely district Bannu, Tank, Lakki Marwat and D.I. Khan. A sample of 40 people was ta... View more
1. Axmith. M. (1995). Canadian Dismissal Practices Survey, Axmith, Torontom.
2. Baumohl, B. (1993). When downsizing become Dumbsizing Time, 15. March, p. 55.
3. Bennett, L. (1991). Management: Downsizing Does not Necessarily Bring an Upswing in Corporate Profitability Wall Street Journal , June 6, P: B-1.
4. Brockeer, J. (1984). The Effects of Work layoffs on Survivors: Research Theory and Practice. In B.M Staw and L.L. Cummings (Eds.), Research in Organizational Behaviors (Vol-10) Green which, C.T.: Jai Press, 1988, pp. 213-255.
5. Brockner. J. (Winter, 1992). Managing the effects of layoffs on others. California Management Review. pp. 9-27.
6. Cameron, K.S., Whetten, D.A., & M.U. (1987). Organizational dysfunctions of decline. Academy of Management Journal, 30, 126-138.
7. Cameron, Freeman & Mishra (1993). Organizational Downsizing and Redesign. In G.P. Huber and W.H. Glick (EDS) Organizational Change and Redesign, OXFORD: OXFORD University Press.
8. Cameron. K.S. (Summer 1994), Gues editor's note: Investing Organizational Downsizing fundamental issues, Human Resources Management 33(2), PP. 183-188.
9. Carige, R. Litrtler (1998). Comparing the Downsizing in Australia and New Zealand. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources. Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 29-45.
10. Charles H. Levine. (1979). “More on Cutback Management: Hard Question for Hard Time, Public Management Forum 39 (march/April 1979): 180.