School accountability: Incentives or sorting?
Gjefsen, Hege Marie; Gunnes, Trude;
- Publisher: Oslo: Statistics Norway, Research Department
- Subject: difference-in-difference-in-difference | school accountability regimes; design of incentives; teacher turnover; teacher quality; teacher sorting; student achievement; difference-in-difference-in-difference | D03 | J21 | I21 | school accountability regimes | J38 | design of incentives | teacher quality | student achievement | teacher turnover | teacher sorting
- jel: jel:I21 | jel:D03 | jel:J21 | jel:J38ddc: ddc:330
We exploit a nested school accountability reform to estimate the causal effect on teacher mobility, sorting, and student achievement. In 2003, lower-secondary schools in Oslo became accountable to the school district authority for student achievement. In 2005, informati... View more
- Similar Research Results (5)
- Metrics No metrics available