Mobile Phones Usage and Employees’ Performance: A Perspective from Pakistan
Rabia Sarwar Wahla; Abdul Ghafoor Awan;
Journal: International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,volume 4,issue 4 October,pages153-165
Subject: Performance, employees, Pakistan
The mobile phone usage by the workers at work place may be considered by some people as a disruption from work which may negatively affect productivity. Some also may be of the view that it will improve communication and as such impact productivity positively. The purpo... View more
1. Andrew Lepp, Jacob E. Barkley and Aryn C. Karpinski (2014). “The relationship between cell phone use, academic performance, anxiety, and Satisfaction with Life in college students”. Computers in Human Behavior: Volume 31, February 2014, pp. 343-35.
2. Aoki Kumiko, Edward J. Downes (2003). “An analysis of young people's use of and attitudes toward cell phones”. Telematics and Informatics: 20 (2003), pp. 349-364.
3. Baliamoune, M.N. (2002). “The new Economy and developing countries assessing the role ICT diffusion”. Discussion paper no. (2002)/77. United Nations University/world institute for development Economics Research, Helsinki.
4. Bhavnani, R.A., Chiu, W.W. and Silarszky, P.J.S (2008). “The Role of Mobile Phones in Sustainable Rural Poverty Reduction”, siteresources.worldbank.org .
5. Chan J., Chen Z., Cormane I. and Thomas R. (2006). “Cell phone industry analysis”, Diego R., (2007). The multidimensional benefit of mobile technology in the developing world. ICT for Development Community
6. Cohen, N. (2001). What Works: Grameen Telecom's Village Phones? A Digital dividend Study by the World Resources Institute.
7. Fisher, V. (2005). “Australians embrace mobile phones”. Retrieved July 6, 2014 from http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=18976 .
8. Flinchy, P. (1997). “Perspectives for a sociology of the telephone”. The French Journal of Communication, 5(2), 149-160.
9. Grimm, M., (2001). “Cutting the cord: Do cell phone makers have generation Y_s number? “American Demographics (January, 2001), 66-67.
10. Hahn, R.W. and Prieger and J.E, (2006). “The impact of driver cell phone on accidents”. The B.E Journal of economic analysis and policy. Vol. 6 Iss. 1.