In this paper, we seek to provide empirical documentation of the effect of Activity-Based Costing (ABC) information on product and customer-related decisions made by managers in a company. Proponents of ABC argue that when an entity implements ABC, it reaps at least two... View more
1. Anderson, S., "Measuring the Impact of Product Mix Heterogeneity on Manufacturing Overhead Cost," Accounting Review, July 1995, V 70 N 3, pp. 363-387.
2. Anderson, S. and S. Young, "Evaluation of Activity Based Costing Systems: The Impact of Contextual and Procedural Factors," University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Working paper. September 1997.
3. Anderson, S., J. Hesford, and S. Young, "Implementing Activity Based Costing: A Field Study of ABC Development Teams in Two U.S. Automobile Firms," University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Working paper. October 1997.
4. Banker, R. and H. Johnston, "An Empirical Study of Cost Drivers in the US Airline Industry," Accounting Review, July 1993, V 68 N 3, pp. 576-601.
5. Banker, R., G. Potter, R. Schroder, " An Empirical Analysis of Manufacturing Overhead Cost Drivers," Journal of Accounting and Economics V 19, 1995, pp. 115-137.
6. Cooper, R., "Cost Classifications in Unit-Based and Activity-Based Manufacturing Cost Systems," Journal of Cost Management (Fall 1990) 4-14.
7. Cooper, R. and R. Kaplan, "Measure Costs Right: Make the Right Decisions," Harvard Business Review (September-October 1988), 97-98.
8. Cooper, R. and R. Kaplan, "Profit Priorities from Activity-Based Costing," Harvard Business Review (May-June 1991).
9. Datar, S., S. Kekre, T. Mukhopadhyay, and K. Srinivasan, "Simultaneous Estimation of Cost Drivers," Accounting Review, July 1993, V 68, N 3, pp. 602-6 14.
10. Foster, G. and M. Gupta, "Manufacturing Overhead Cost Driver Analysis," Journal Of Accounting & Economics 1990. Vol. 12 (1-3) pp. 309-337.