The Effect of the Global Financial Crisis and the Sovereign Debt Crisis on Public Sector Accounting: A Contextual Analysis
Emmanuel Igbawase Abanyam; Paul Aondona Angahar;
Journal: International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, volume 5, issue 1 January, pages 72-79
Subject: Financial Crisis, Sovereign Debt, Public sector Accounting, government interventions, Accounting Standards
This paper examines the effect of global financial crisis and the sovereign debt crisis on public sector accounting. The global financial crisis and sovereign debt crisis were contextually analysed bringing out clearly its effect on public sector accounting which includ... View more
1. Abdul, A. (2008). The Effects of Global Financial Crisis on Nigerian Economy. Retrieved from http://www.ssrn.com/abstract on 2nd may 2014.
2. Ajayi, M. (2009). Global Recession and Nigeria Economy: Central Bank of Nigeria's Responses. A Paper Presented at the Conference on Global Recession and the Nigerian Economy Organized by NACOFED in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Finance Makurdi, Benue State.
3. Berger,T.M; Ernst & Young (2012). A Summary of international Public Sector Accounting Standards; London: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
4. Bergman, A. (2011). The Influence of the Nature of Government Accounting and Reporting in Decision Making: Evidence from Switzerland, in: Public Money and Management, vol. 32, pp. 15-20.
5. Business dictionary.com (2014) Retrieved from http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/gl obal-financial-crisis.html.
6. Ernst & Young (2011). Towards Transparency: A comparative study on the Challenges of Reporting for Governments and public bodies around the world.
7. Ian, B. (2011). Public Sector Accounting Standards: Strengthening Accountability and Improving Governance. Chartered Accountants, Dublin, Ireland.
8. International Federation of Accountants-IFAC News Briefing, New York, USA (2011).
9. International Monetary Fund (2009), World Economic outlook Report. New York: IMF.
10. International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB) 2011.Scotland: IASB.