Subject: returns to education, doctoral degree holders, labour market income, gender pay gap, pay gaps by field of study
jel: jel:I2 | jel:J3
In this study we present the theoretical framework of the so called Mincerian equations used for modelling returns to education. Then, we construct a conceptual framework which allows us to answer the question “What happens to doctoral degree holders in the labour marke... View more
3. Ashenfelter, O., & Krueger, A. (1994). Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins. American Economic Review, 84, 1157-1174.
4. Autor, & Katz. (1999). Changes in the Wage Structure and Earnings Inequality. От O. A. (Eds.), Handbook of Labour Economics, Volume 3, Chapter 25 (стр. 1463-1555). New York: North-Holland.
5. Becker, G. S. (1964). Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis, with Special Reference to Education. NBER, Columbia University Press.
6. Becker, G. S. (1994). Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education (3rd Edition). National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
7. Becker, G. S., & Chiswick, B. R. (1966). Education and the Distribution of Earnings. The American Economic Review, Vol. 56, No. 1/2 (Mar. 1, 1966), pp. 358-369.
8. Becker, G., Murphy, K., & Tamura, R. (1990). Human Capital, Fertility, and Economic Growth. Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 98, No. 5, part II, S12-S37.
9. Ben-Porath, Y. (1967). The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings. The Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 76, No. 4, PArt 1 (Aug.,1967), 352- 365.
10. Bingley, P., Christensen, K., & Walker, I. (2009). The Returns to Observed and Unobserved Skills Over Time: Evidence from the Panel of Population of Danish Twins. Danish National Institute for Social Research.
11. Blau, F. D., & Kahn, L. M. (1996). International Differences in Male Wage Inequality: Institutions versus Market Forces. NBER Working Papers 4678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
12. Booth, A., & Satchell, S. (1995). The Hazards of Doing a PhD: An Analysis of Completion and Withdrawal Rates of Birtish PhD Students in the 1980s. Journal of The Royal Statistical Society. Series A (Statistics in Society), Vol. 158, No. 2, 297-318.