1. Berejka, A.J., and others. 1987. “Prospects for Industrial Electron Beam Processing,” Paper presented at the 6th International Meeting on Radiation Processing, Ottawa, Canada, May 31-June 5.
2. Bruhn, C.M., and J.W. Noell. 1987. “Consumer In-Store Response to Irradiated Papayas,” Food Technology, Vol. 41, No. 9, September, pp. 83-85.
3. Brynjolfsson, A. 1973. “Factors Influencing Economic Evaluation of Irradiation Processing,” Factors Influencing the Economical Application of Food irradiation, Panel Proceedings Series, Vienna, 1971, Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency, pp. 13-3.5.
4. CH2M Hill. 1987. Final Report, Feasibility Study for Commodities Irradiation Facility in the State of Hawaii, Prepared for State of Hawaii, Dept. of Planning and Economic Development, May.
5. CH2M Hill. 1988. Options Analysis, Machine Sources for Food Irradiation, Prepared for U.S. Dept. of Energy, Advanced Radiation Technology Programs, DOE contract DE-AC04-87AL375 15, January.
6. Cleland, M.R. 1988. Chairman of the Board of Radiation Dynamics, Inc., personal communication with author, October 6.
7. Cleland, M.R., C.C. Thompson, and H.F. Malone. 1977. “The Prospects for Very High-Power Electron Accelerators for Processing Bulk Materials,” Radiation Physics and Chemistry, Vol. 9, pp. 547-566.
8. Cleland, M.R., and G.M. Pageau. 1985. “Electrons Versus Gamma Rays-Alternative Sources for Irradiation Processes,” Food Irradiation Processing, IAEA-SM-271/54, Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency, pp. 397-406.
9. Dean, T. 1987. IRT Corp., personal communication with author, December 28.
10. Deitch, J., J.W. Osbume, Jr., and H.W. Ketchum. 1972. Cost-Benefits Analysis: Potential Radiation Sterilized Military Subsistence Items, BDC-788-09-71-002, U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of Domestic Commerce, March.
11. “Draft International Policy Recommends Labeling of Irradiated Foods,” 1988. Food Chemical News, Vol. 30, No. 22, August 1, pp. 53-55.
13. Flick, G. 1988. Professor, Food Science and Technology Department, Virginia Tech., personal communication with author, November 16.
17. Josephson, E.S. 1983. “An Historical Review of Food Irradiation,” Journal of Food Safety, Vol. 5, No, 4, pp. 161-190. [OpenAIRE]
25. Nunan, C.S. 1988. Senior scientist with Varian, personal communication with author, October 25.
26. Sadat, T., and C. Cuillandre. 1987. A Linear Accelerator in a Chicken Factory, Buc, France: CGR MeV, September.