2. Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, shown individually; other members of OPEC (Algeria, Gabon, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates); and Bahrain and Oman (not formally members of OPEC).
3. Excludes Liberia. Beginning March 1994 includes Namibia.
4. As of December 1992, excludes other republics of the former Soviet Union.
5. As of December 1992, excludes Croatia, Bosnia and Hercegovinia, and Slovenia.
6. Includes Canal Zone.
7. Foreign branch claims only.
8. Includes New Zealand, Liberia, and international and regional organizations.
1. Comprises oil-exporting countries as follows: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates (Trucial States).
2. Includes state and local government securities and securities of U.S. government agencies and corporations. Also includes issues of new debt securities sold abroad by U.S. corporations organized to finance direct investments abroad.
2. Comprises Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates (Trucial States).
3. Comprises Algeria, Gabon, Libya, and Nigeria. References are to pages A3-A62 •Additional offices of these Banks are located at Lewiston, Maine 04240; Windsor Locks, Connecticut 06096; East Rutherford, New Jersey 07016; Jericho, New York 11753; Utica at Oriskany, New York 13424; Columbus, Ohio 43216; Columbia, South Carolina 29210; Charleston, West Virginia 25311; Des Moines, Iowa 50306; Indianapolis, Indiana 46204; Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202; and Peoria, Illinois 61607.