This research examines the association between accounting conservatism and cash dividends of listed firms in the Kingdom of Bahrain. It has addressed two questions. First, does accounting conservatism actually work? Second, can accounting conservatism influence cash div... View more
7. Beatty, A., Weber, J., and Yu, J.J. 2008, 'Conservatism and Debt', Journal of Accounting & Economics, Vol.45, No.2, pp. 154-174.
8. Beaver, W., and Ryan. S (2005). Conditional and Unconditional Conservatism: Concepts and Modeling .Review of Accounting Studies, 10 (2-3), 269-309.
9. Chen, C, Bradford, W and Zhu, S (2012). Does Conservative Accounting Matter to Cash Dividend Policy?' Retrieved from http://www.fin.ntu.edu.tw/~conference/conference2012/proceedings/files/ A194.pdf (accessed October, 2013).
10. Daniel,N., D., Denis, D., J. and Naveen, L. (2008). Do firms manage earnings to meet dividend thresholds? Journal of Accounting and Economics, 45(1), 2-26.
11. Givoly, D. and Hayn C. (2000). The changing time-series properties of earnings, cash flows and accruals: Has financial reporting become more conservative? Journal of Accounting & Economics, 29(3), 287-320.
12. Givoly, D., Hayn C. and Natarajan A. (2007). Measuring reporting conservatism, Accounting Review, 82(1), 65-106.
13. Grossman, S. and Hart, O 1980, 'Disclosure Laws and Take-over Bids', Journal of Finance, Vol.35, No.2, pp.323-334.
14. Gao, P (2013). A Measurement Approach to Conservatism and Earnings Management. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 55(2/3), 251-268.
15. Hayn, C (1995). The Information Content of Losses. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 20(1), 125 -153.
16. Feltham, G.A. and Ohlson J.A. (1995). Valuation and clean surplus accounting for operating and financial activities. Contemporary Accounting Research, 11(2), 689-731.