1. Abor, J., & Biekpe, N. (2007). Corporate governance, ownership structure and performance of SMEs in Ghana: implications for financing opportunities. Corporate governance, 7(3), 288-300. doi:10.1108/14720700710756562
2. Al-Ajmi, J. (2009). Audit firm, corporate governance, and audit quality: Evidence from Bahrain. Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting, 25, 64-74. [OpenAIRE]
3. Ballinger, G. A., & Marcel, J. J. (2010). The use of an interim CEO during succession episodes and firm performance. Strategic Management Journal, 31: 262-283.
4. Daniel, N., Coles, J., & Naveen, L. (2006). Boards: Does one size fit all?. Journal of Financial Economics (JFE), Forthcoming. Retrieved from SSRN database.
5. Diamond, A. (2013). Training You Board of Directors. Canada: Productive Publications.
6. Foroughi, M., & Fooladi, M. (2011). Corporate ownership structure and firm performance: Evidence from listed firms in Iran. International Conference on Humanities, Society and Culture, 2, 334-339. Retrieved from http://www.ipedr.com/vol20/65-ICHSC2011-M20039.pdf
7. Gao, L., & Kling, G. (2012). The impact of corporate governance and external audit on compliance to mandatory disclosure requirements in China. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation, 21(1), 17-31.
8. Gardner, J. C., Hussin, A. H., Sanusi, Z. M., Sulong, Z., & McGowan, C. B. (2013). Managerial ownership, leverage, and audit quality on firm performance: Evidence from the Malaysia ace market. Accounting & Taxation, 5(1), 59-70. Retrieved from http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/86252087/ managerial-ownership-leverage-audit-quality-impact- firm-performance-evidence-from-malaysian-ace-market
9. Guo, Z., & Kumara, U., (2012). Corporate governance & firm performance of listed firms in Sri Lanka. Procedia - Social & Behavioral Sciences, 40, 664-667.
10.Haat, M. H. C., Rahman, R. A., & Mahenthiran, S. (2008). Corporate governance, transparency and performance of Malaysian companies. Managerial Auditing Journal, 23(8), 744-778. doi:10.1108/02686900810899518
11.Haniffa, R., & Hudaib, M. (2006). Corporate governance structure and performance of Malaysian listed companies. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 33(7‐8), 1034-1062. doi:10.1111/j.14685957.2006.00594.x [OpenAIRE]
12.Hassan, M. K., & Halbouni, S. S. (2013). Corporate governance, economic turbulence and financial performance of UAE listed firms. Studies in Economics and Finance, 30(2), 118-138. doi:10.1108/10867371311325435
13.Jaggi, B., & Tsui, J. (1999). Determinants of audit report lag: Further evidence from Hong Kong. Accounting and Business Research, 30(1), 17-28.
14.Ke, Q., & Isaac, D. (2007). Ownership structure and corporate performance: empirical evidence of China's listed property companies. Journal of Financial Management of Property and construction, 12(1), 3- 10. doi: 10.1108/13664380780001089
15.Klein, A. (2002). Economics determinants of audit committee independence. Accounting Reviews, 77(2), 435-452.