Determinants of Corporate Governance and Corporate Performance among Consumer Product Industry in Malaysia: A Theoretical Model
Kogilavani Apadore; Siti Subaryani Binti Zainol;
Journal: International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences,volume 4,issue 2 April,pages159-165
Subject: Corporate performance, chief executive officer duality, board independence, ownership concentration, audit quality and Malaysia
This study discusses on the relationship between corporate governance mechanisms and corporate performance of public listed companies in Bursa Malaysia among the consumer product industry. It investigates the corporate governance mechanisms such as ownership concentrati... View more
1. Abor, J., & Biekpe, N. (2007). Corporate governance, ownership structure and performance of SMEs in Ghana: implications for financing opportunities. Corporate governance, 7(3), 288-300. doi:10.1108/14720700710756562
2. Al-Ajmi, J. (2009). Audit firm, corporate governance, and audit quality: Evidence from Bahrain. Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting, 25, 64-74.
3. Ballinger, G. A., & Marcel, J. J. (2010). The use of an interim CEO during succession episodes and firm performance. Strategic Management Journal, 31: 262-283.
4. Daniel, N., Coles, J., & Naveen, L. (2006). Boards: Does one size fit all?. Journal of Financial Economics (JFE), Forthcoming. Retrieved from SSRN database.
5. Diamond, A. (2013). Training You Board of Directors. Canada: Productive Publications.
6. Foroughi, M., & Fooladi, M. (2011). Corporate ownership structure and firm performance: Evidence from listed firms in Iran. International Conference on Humanities, Society and Culture, 2, 334-339. Retrieved from http://www.ipedr.com/vol20/65-ICHSC2011-M20039.pdf
7. Gao, L., & Kling, G. (2012). The impact of corporate governance and external audit on compliance to mandatory disclosure requirements in China. Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation, 21(1), 17-31.
8. Gardner, J. C., Hussin, A. H., Sanusi, Z. M., Sulong, Z., & McGowan, C. B. (2013). Managerial ownership, leverage, and audit quality on firm performance: Evidence from the Malaysia ace market. Accounting & Taxation, 5(1), 59-70. Retrieved from http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/86252087/ managerial-ownership-leverage-audit-quality-impact- firm-performance-evidence-from-malaysian-ace-market
9. Guo, Z., & Kumara, U., (2012). Corporate governance & firm performance of listed firms in Sri Lanka. Procedia - Social & Behavioral Sciences, 40, 664-667.
10.Haat, M. H. C., Rahman, R. A., & Mahenthiran, S. (2008). Corporate governance, transparency and performance of Malaysian companies. Managerial Auditing Journal, 23(8), 744-778. doi:10.1108/02686900810899518