1. Castagna C, Abt G, D'Ottavio S. Physiological aspects of soccer refereeing performance and training. Sports Med 2007; 37(7): 625-46. [OpenAIRE]
2. Bangsbo J. The physiology of soccer-with special reference to intense intermittent exercise. Acta Physiol Scand Suppl 1994; 619: 1-155.
3. Stolen T, Chamari K, Castagna C, Wisloff U. Physiology of soccer: an update. Sports Med 2005; 35(6): 501-36. [OpenAIRE]
4. Maughan RJ, Leiper JB. Fluid replacement requirements in soccer. J Sports Sci 1994; 12: 29-34.
5. Reilly T. Energetics of high-intensity exercise (soccer) with particular reference to fatigue. J Sports Sci 1997; 15(3): 257-63.
6. Bandelow S, Maughan R, Shirreffs S, Ozgünen K, Kurdak S, Ersöz G, Binnet M, Dvorak J. The effects of exercise, heat, cooling and rehydration strategies on cognitive function in football players. Scand J Med Sci Sports 2010; 20: 148-60.
7. Edwards AM, Mann ME, Marfell-Jones MJ, Rankin DM, Noakes TD, Shillington DP. Influence of moderate dehydration on soccer performance: physiological responses to 45 min of outdoor match-play and the immediate subsequent performance of sport-specific and mental concentration tests. Br J Sports Med 2007; 41(6): 385-91.
8. Howe AS, BP Boden. Heat-related illness in athletes. Am J Sport Med 2007; 35:1384-1395.
9. Sawka MN, Burke LM, Eichner ER, Maughan RJ, Montain SJ, Stachenfeld NS. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Exercise and fluid replacement. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2007; 39(2): 377-90.
10. Wingo JE, Casa DJ, Berger EM, Dellis WO, Knight JC, McClung JM. Influence of a Pre-Exercise Glycerol Hydration Beverage on Performance and Physiologic Function During Mountain-Bike Races in the Heat. J Athl Train 2004; 39(2): 169-175.
11. Da Silva RP, Mündel T, Natali AJ, Bara Filho MG, Alfenas RC, Lima JR, Belfort FG, Lopes PR, Marins JC. Pre-game hydration status, sweat loss, and fluid intake in elite Brazilian young male soccer players during competition. J Sports Sci 2012; 30(1): 37-42.
12. Aragón-Vargas L, Moncada-Jiménez J, Hernández-Elizondo J, Barrenechea A, Monge-Alvarado M. Evaluation of pre-game hydration status, heatstress, and fluid balance during professional soccer competitionin the heat. Eur J Sport Sci 2009; 9: 269-276.
13. Arnaoutis G, Kavouras SA, Kotsis YP, Tsekouras YE, Makrillos M, Bardis CN. Ad libitum fluid intake does not prevent dehydration in suboptimally hydrated young soccer players during a training session of a summer camp. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 2013; 23(3): 245-51.
14. Silva RP, Mündel T, Natali AJ, Bara Filho MG, Lima JR, Alfenas RC, Lopes PR, Belfort FG, Marins JC. Fluid balance of elite Brazilian youth soccer players during consecutive days of training. J Sports Sci 2011; 29(7): 725-32.
15. Phillips SM, Sykes D, Gibson N. Hydration Status and Fluid Balance of Elite European Youth Soccer Players during Consecutive Training Sessions. J Sports Sci Med 2014; 13(4): 817-22.