1. Bantle JP, Wylie-Rosett J, Albright AL, Apovian CM, Clark NG, Franz MJ, et al. Nutrition recommendations and interventions for diabetes: a position statement of the American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care 2008; 31 Suppl 1: S61-78. [OpenAIRE]
2. Lau DC. Synopsis of the 2006 Canadian clinical practice guidelines on the management and prevention of obesity in adults and children. CMAJ 2007; 176: 1103-6.
3. Lepe M, Bacardi Gascon M, Jimenez Cruz A. Long-term efficacy of high-protein diets: a systematic review. Nutr Hosp 2011; 26: 1256-9.
4. Lacroix M, Gaudichon C, Martin A, Morens C, Mathe V, Tome D, et al. A long-term high-protein diet markedly reduces adipose tissue without major side effects in Wistar male rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 2004; 287: R934-42.
5. Pichon L, Potier M, Tome D, Mikogami T, Laplaize B, MartinRouas C, et al. High-protein diets containing different milk protein fractions differently influence energy intake and adiposity in the rat. Br J Nutr 2008; 99: 739-48.
6. Shamseddeen H, Getty JZ, Hamdallah IN, Ali MR. Epidemiology and economic impact of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Surg Clin North Am 2011; 91: 1163-72, vii.
7. Agrawal V, Shah A, Rice C, Franklin BA, McCullough PA. Impact of treating the metabolic syndrome on chronic kidney disease. Nat Rev Nephrol 2009; 5: 520-8.
8. Radbill B, Murphy B, LeRoith D. Rationale and strategies for early detection and management of diabetic kidney disease. Mayo Clin Proc 2008; 83: 1373-81.
9. Manabe I. Chronic inflammation links cardiovascular, metabolic and renal diseases. Circ J 2011; 75: 2739-48.
10. Martin WF, Armstrong LE, Rodriguez NR. Dietary protein intake and renal function. Nutr Metab (Lond) 2005; 2: 25.
11. Frank H, Graf J, Amann-Gassner U, Bratke R, Daniel H, Heemann U, et al. Effect of short-term high-protein compared with normal-protein diets on renal hemodynamics and associated variables in healthy young men. Am J Clin Nutr 2009; 90: 1509- 16.
12. Friedman AN. High-protein diets: potential effects on the kidney in renal health and disease. Am J Kidney Dis 2004; 44: 950-62.
13. Calvez J, Poupin N, Chesneau C, Lassale C, Tome D. Protein intake, calcium balance and health consequences. Eur J Clin Nutr 2011. [OpenAIRE]
14. Bankir L, Bouby N, Trinh-Trang-Tan MM, Ahloulay M, Promeneur D. Direct and indirect cost of urea excretion. Kidney Int 1996; 49: 1598-607. [OpenAIRE]
15. Bertani T, Zoja C, Abbate M, Rossini M, Remuzzi G. Agerelated nephropathy and proteinuria in rats with intact kidneys exposed to diets with different protein content. Lab Invest 1989; 60: 196-204. [OpenAIRE]