1. Caballero B. The global epidemic of obesity: An overview. Epidemiol Rev. 2007;29:1-5. [OpenAIRE]
2. Bombak A. Obesity, health at every size, and public health policy. Am J Public Health. 2014;104(2):e60-7. [OpenAIRE]
3. Campos P. Does fat kill? A critique of the epidemiological evidence. En: Rich E, Monaghan LF, Aphramor L, editores. Debating obesity critical perspectives. Londres: Palgrave Macmillan; 2011. p. 36-59.
4. Banegas JR, López-García E, Gutiérrez-Fisac JL, Guallar-Castillón P, RodríguezArtalejo F. A simple estimate of mortality attributable to excess weight in the European Union. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003;57(2):201-8.
5. Dee A, Kearns K, O'Neill C, Sharp L, Staines A, O'Dwyer V, et al. The direct and indirect costs of both overweight and obesity: A systematic review. BMC Res Notes. 2014;7:242.
6. Vílchez López FJ, Campos Martín C, Amaya García MJ, Sánchez Vera P, Pereira Cunill JL. Very low calorie diets in clinical management of morbid obesity. Nutr Hosp. 2013;28(2):275-85.
7. Taormina G, Mirisola MG. Calorie restriction in mammals and simple model organisms. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:308690. [OpenAIRE]
8. Soare A, Weiss EP, Pozzilli P. Benefits of caloric restriction for cardiometabolic health, including type 2 diabetes mellitus risk. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2014;30 Supl 1:41-7.
9. Ross R, Dagnone D, Jones PJ, Smith H, Paddags A, Hudson R, et al. Reduction in obesity and related comorbid conditions after diet-induced weight loss or exercise-induced weight loss in men. A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2000;133(2):92-103.
10. Bann D, Kuh D, Wills AK, Adams J, Brage S, Cooper R, et al. Physical activity across adulthood in relation to fat and lean body mass in early old age: Findings from the Medical Research Council National Survey of Health and Development, 1946-2010. Am J Epidemiol. 2014;179(10):1197-207.
11. Messonnier L, Denis C, Prieur F, Lacour JR. Are the effects of training on fat metabolism involved in the improvement of performance during high-intensity exercise? Eur J Appl Physiol. 2005;94(4):434-41.
12. Donnelly JE, Blair SN, Jakicic JM, Manore MM, Rankin JW, Smith BK. American College of Sports Medicine Position Stand. Appropriate physical activity intervention strategies for weight loss and prevention of weight regain for adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009;41(2):459-71.
13. Haram PM, Kemi OJ, Lee SJ, Bendheim MØ, Al-Share QY, Waldum HL, et al. Aerobic interval training vs. continuous moderate exercise in the metabolic syndrome of rats artificially selected for low aerobic capacity. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81(4):723-32.
14. Zucker LM, Antoniades HN. Insulin and obesity in the Zucker genetically obese rat “fatty”. Endocrinology. 1972;90(5):1320-30. [OpenAIRE]
15. European Union Council. Directional on the protection of animals used for specific purposes. Official J Eur Union. 2010;276:33-79.