1. Stumvoll M, Hfaring HU. Glitazones: clinical effects and molecular mechanisms. Ann Med. 2002;34:217-24.
2. Rizos CV, Elisaf MS, Mikhailidis DP, Liberopoulos EN. How safe is the use of thiazolidinediones in clinical practice? Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2009;8:15-32.
3. Rennings AJ, Smits P, Stewart MW, Tack CJ. Autonomic neuropathy predisposes to rosiglitazone-induced vascular leakage in insulin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomised, controlled trial on thiazolidinedione-induced vascular leakage. Diabetologia. 2010;25.
4. Biscetti F, Straface G, Arena V, Stigliano E, Pecorini G, Rizzo P, et al. Pioglitazone enhances collateral blood flow in ischemic hindlimb of diabetic mice through an Akt-dependent VEGF-mediated mechanism, regardless of PPARgamma stimulation. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2009;8:49.
5. Coluciello M. Vision loss due to macular edema induced by rosiglitazone treatment of diabetes mellitus. Arch Ophthalmol. 2005;123:1273-5.