Subject: Biomarcadores de hidratación | Hydration biomarkers | Beverages intake | Consumo de bebidas | Water | Agua
Introduction: Fluid intake is difficult to monitor. Biomarkers of beverage intake are able to assess dietary intake / hydration status without the bias of self-reported dietary intake errors and also the intra-individual variability. Various markers have been proposed t... View more
1. Kennedy JS, von Moltke LL, Harmatz JS, Engelhardt N, Greenblatt DJ. Validity of self-reports of caffeine use. J Clin Pharmacol 1991; 31: 677-80.
2. Mettlin C. Milk drinking, other beverage habits and lung cancer risk. Int J Cancer 1989; 43: 608-12.
3. Serra-Majem L, Santana-Armas JF, Ribas L, Salmona E, Ramon JM, Colom J, Salleras L. A comparison of five questionnaires to assess alcohol consumption in a Mediterranean population. Public Health Nutr 2002; 5 (4): 589-94.
4. Sohn W, Heller KE, Burt BA. Fluid consumption related to climate among children in the United States. J Public Health Dent 2001; 61: 99-106.
5. HirvonenT, Pietinen P, Virtanen M, Albanes D, Virtamo J. Nutrient intake and use of beverages and the risk of kidney stones among male smokers. Am J Epidemiol 1999; 150: 187-94.
6. Clovis J, Hargreaves JA. Fluoride intake from beverage consumption. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 1988; 16: 11-5.
7. Marshall TA, Eichenberger Gilmore JM, Broffitt B, Levy SM, Stumbo PJ. Relative validation of a beverage frequency questionnaire in children ages 6 months through 5 years using 3-day food and beverage diaries. JAm Diet Assoc 2003; 103: 714-20.
8. Marshall TA, Eichenberger Gilmore JM, Broffitt B, Stumbo PJ, Levy SM. Relative validity of the Iowa Fluoride Study targeted nutrient semi-quantitative questionnaire and the Block Kids' Food Questionnaire for estimating beverage, calcium, and vitamin D intakes by children. J Am Diet Assoc 2008; 108 (3): 465-72.
9. Nelson M, Lytle L. Development and evaluation of a brief screener to estimate fast-food and beverage consumption among adolescents. J Am Diet Assoc 2009; 109 (4): 730-4.
10. Neuhouser ML, Lilley S, Lund A, Johnson DB. Development and evaluation of a beverage and snack questionnaire for use in evaluation of school nutrition policies. J Am Diet Assoc 2009; 109 (9): 1587-92.