1. Schroeder SR, Mulick JA, Rojahn J. The definition, taxonomy, epidemiology and ecology of self-injurious behavior. J Autism Dev Disord. 1980;10:417-32.
2. Virkkunen M. Self-mutilation in antisocial personality disorder. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1976;54:347-52.
3. Putnam FW, Guroff JJ, Silberman EK, Barban L, Post RM. The clinical phenomenology of multiple personality disorder: review of 100 recent cases. J Clin Psychiatry. 1986;47:285-93.
4. Van der Kolk BA, Perry JC, Herman JL. Childhood origins of self-destructive behavior. Am J Psychiatry. 1991;148: 1665-71.
5. Russ MJ, Shearin EN, Clarkin JF, Harrison K, Hull JW. Subtypes of selfinjurious patients with borderline personality disorder. Am J Psychiatry. 1993;150:1869-71.
6. Shearer SL. Phenomenology of selfinjury among inpatient women with borderline personality disorder. J Nerv Ment Dis. 1994;182:524-6.
7. Zweig-Frank H, Paris J, Guzder J. Psychological risk factors for dissociation and self-mutilation in female patients with borderline personality disorder. Can J Psychiatry. 1994;39:259-64. [OpenAIRE]
8. Winchel RM, Stanley M. Self-injurious behavior: a review of the behavior and biology of self-mutilation. Am J Psychiatry. 1991;148:306-17.
9. Favazza AR, Rosenthal RJ. Diagnostic issues in self-mutilation. Hosp Community Psychiatry. 1993;44:134-40.
10. Claes L, Vandereycken W, Vertommen H. Personality traits in eating-disordered patients with and without self-injurious behaviors. J Personal Disord. 2004; 18(4):399-404.
11. Matsumoto T, Azekawa T, Yamaguchi A, Asami T, Iseki E. Habitual self-mutilation in Japan. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2004;58(2):191-8.
12. Paul T, Schroeter K, Dahme B, Nutzinger DO. Self-injurious behavior in women with eating disorders. Am J Psychiatry. 2002;159:408-11.
13. Gleaves DH, Eberenz KP, May MC. Scope and significance of posttraumatic symptomatology among women hospitalizad for an eating disorder. Int J Eat Disord. 1998;24(2):147-56.
14. Favaro A, Santonastaso P. Self-injurious behavior in anorexia nervosa. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2000;188(8):537-42. [OpenAIRE]
15. Welch SL, Fairburn CG. Impulsivity or comorbidity in bulimia nervosa: a controlled study of deliberate self-harm and alcohol and drug misuse in a community sample. Br J Psychiatry. 1996;169(4):451-8. [OpenAIRE]