Abstract Introduction: The perioperative management of achondroplastic pregnant patients that will undergo lower segment cesarean section represents a clinical challenge to the anesthesiologist. Objective: To describe the anesthetic management of a pregnant patient wi... View more
1. Ornitz DM, Legeai-Mallet L. Achondroplasia: development, pathogenesis, and therapy. Dev Dyn 2017;246:291-309.
2. Osorio Rudas W, Socha García NI, Upegui A, et al. Anesthesia for cesarean section in a patient with achondroplasia. Rev Colomb Anestesiol 2012;40:309-312.
3. Richette P, Bardin T, Stheneur C. Achondroplasia: from genotype to phenotype. Joint Bone Spine 2008;75:125-130.
4. Dubiel L, Scott GA, Agaram R, et al. Achondroplasia: anaesthetic challenges for caesarean section. Int J Obstet Anesth 2014;23:274- 278.
5. Chestnut DH, Wong CA, Tsen LC, et al. Musculoeskeletal disorders. Chestnut's obstetric anesthesia: principles and practice 5th ed.2014;Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia:1093-1112.
6. Monedero P, Garcia-Pedrajas F, Coca I, et al. Is management of anesthesia in achondroplastic dwarfs really a challenge? J Clin Anesth 1997;9:208-212.
7. İnan G, Yayla E, Tas¸ Ü, et al. Single shot spinal anaesthesia for caesarean delivery of two achondroplasic parturients. Turk J Anaesthesiol Reanim 2015;43:285-287.
8. DeRenzo JS, Vallejo MC, Ramanathan S. Failed regional anesthesia with reduced spinal bupivacaine dosage in a parturient with achondroplasia presenting for urgent cesarean section. Int J Obstet Anesth 2005;14:175-178.
9. Li X, Duan H, Zuo M. Case report: anesthesia management for emergency cesarean section in a patient with dwarfism. BMC Anesthesiol 2015;15:59.
10. Nath S, Kapoor R, Saxena AK. Case report successful management of an achondroplastic dwarf for emergency caesarean section using intrathecal clonidine. J Anesth Crit Case Rep 2015;1:9-11.