Subject: Sex hormone-binding globulin | Pre-eclampsia | Fetal development
mesheuropmc: reproductive and urinary physiology
Background: Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) may be associated to Pre-eclampsia (PE) and Fetal Growth Restriction (RCIU). Aim: To determine if maternal serum SHBG concentrations during the first and second trimesters are predictive biomarkers of Pre-eclampsia and RCI... View more
1. Khong TY, De Wolf F, Robertson WB, Brosens I. Inadequate maternal vascular response to placentation in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia and by small for gestational age infants. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1986; 93: 1049-59.
2. Roberts JM, Redman CWG. Pre-eclampsia: More than pregnancy induced hypertension. Lancet 1993; 341: 1447-54.
3. Campbell S, Pearce JM, Hackett G, Cohen-Overbeek T, Hernández C. Cualitative asssessment of uteroplacental blood flow: early screening test for high-risk pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol 1986; 68: 649-53.
4. Sibai BM. Prevention of preeclampsia: a big disappointment. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1998; 179: 1275-8.
5. Arngrimsson R, Björnsson S, Geirsson RT, Björnsson H, Walker JJ, Snaedal G. Genetic and familial predisposition to eclampsia and preeclampsia in a definited population. Br J Obstet Gynecol 1990; 97: 762-9.
6. Robillard PY, Hulsey TC, Perianin J, Janky E, Miri EH, Papiernik E. Association of pregnancy induced hypertention with duration of sexual cohabitation before conception. Lancet 1994; 344: 973-5.
7. Redman CW, Saks GP, Sargent IL. Preeclampsia and excessive maternal inflammatory responsive to pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 180: 499-506.
8. Barker DJP. Programming the baby. In mothers, babies and disease in later life. BMJ Publishing Group, London pp. 14-36.
9. Campbell S, Pearce JM, Hackett G, Cohen-Overbeek T, Hernández C. Cualitative asssessment of uteroplacental blood flow: early screening test for high-risk pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol 1986; 68 (5): 649-53.
10. Pilalis A, Souka AP, Antsaklis P, Daskalakis G, Papantoniou N, Mesogitis S, et al. Screening for pre-eclampsia and fetal growth restriction by uterine artery Doppler and PAPP-A at 11-14 weeks' gestation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2007; 29 (2): 135-40.