1. Genco RJ, Grossi SG, Ho A, Nishimura F, Murayama Y. A proposed model linking inaflmmation to obesity, diabetes, and periodontal infections. J Periodontol, 2005; 76: 2075-2084. [OpenAIRE]
2. Ghilardi N, Kljavin N, Chen Q, Lucas S, Gurney A, de Sauvage FJ. Compromised humoral and delayed-type hypersensitivity responses in IL-23-decfiient mice. J Immunol, 2004; 172: 2827-2833.
3. Kubar A, Saygun I, Ozdemir A, Yapar M, Slots J. Real-time polymerase chain reaction quanticfiation of human cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus in periodontal pockets and the adjacent gingiva of periodontitis lesions. J Periodontal Res, 2005; 40: 97-104. [OpenAIRE]
4. Page RC. Gingivitis. J Clin Periodontol, 1986; 13: 345-355.
5. Payne WA, Page RC, Ogilvie AL, All WB. Histopathological features of the inicial and early stages of experimental gingivitis in man. J Periodontal Res, 1975; 10: 51-64.
6. Schroeder HE, Múnzel-Pedrazzoli S, Page RC. Correlated morphometric and biochemical analysis of early chronic gingivitis in man.Arch Oral Biol, 1973; 18: 899-923.
7. Pradee AR, Hadge P, Chowdhry S, Patel S, Happy D. Exploring the role of Th1 cytokines: Interleukin-17 and interleukin-18 in periodontal health and disease. J Oral Sci, 2009; 51(2): 261-266.
8. Belardelli F, Ferrantini M. Cytokines as a link between innate and adaptive antitumor immunity. Trends Immunol, 2002; 23: 201-208. [OpenAIRE]
9. Seymour GJ, Taylor JJ. Shorts and whispers: An introduction to immunoregulation in periodontal disease. Periodontol 2000, 2004; 35: 9-13.
10. Savak T, Chabaud M, Moossee P, Natwig JB. IL-17 is produced by some pro inaflmmatory Th1 cell/Th0 cells but only by Th2 cells. J Immunol, 1999; 162: 1246-1251.
11. Weaver CT, Hatton RD, Mangan PR, Hamington LE. IL-17 family cytokines and the expanding diversity of effector T cell lineages. Annu Rev Immunol, 2007; 25: 821-852.
12. Weaver CT, Harrington LE, Mangan PR, Gavrieli M, Murphy KM. Th17: An effector CD4 T cell lineage with regulatory T cells. Immunity, 2006; 24: 677-688.
13. Nesse W, Abbas F, van der Ploeg I, Spijkervet FKL, Dijkstra PU, Vissink A. Periodontal inaflmed surface area: Quantifying inaflmmatory burden. J Clin Periodontol, 2008; 35: 668-673. [OpenAIRE]
14. Yu JJ, Ruddy MJ, Wong GC. An essential role for IL-17 in preventing pathogeninitiated bone destruction: Recruitment of neutrophils to inaflmed bone requires IL-17 receptor-dependent signals. Blood, 2007; 109: 3794-3802.
15. Reinhardt RA, Masada MP, Kaldahl WB et al. Gingival uflid IL-1 and IL-6 levels in refractory periodontitis. J Clin Periodontol, 1993; 20: 225-231.