1. M. D. Rodríguez, V. M. Gonzalez, J. Favela, and P. C. Santana, "Home-based communication system for older adults and their remote family," Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 25, pp. 609-618, 2009.
2. J. M. Corchado, J. Bajo, and A. Abraham, "GerAmi: Improving Healthcare Delivery in Geriatric Residences," IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 23, pp. 19-25, 2008. [OpenAIRE]
3. R. A. Findlay, "Interventions to reduce social isolation amongst older people: where is the evidence?," Ageing & Society, vol. 23, pp. 647-658, 2003.
4. J. S. House, "Social Isolation Kills, But How and Why?," Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 63, pp. 273-274, 2001.
5. A. P. Achilleos, C. Mettouris, G. A. Papadopoulos, K. Neureiter, C. Rappold, C. Moser, M. Tscheligi, L. Vajda, A. Toth, P. Hanak, O. Jimenez, and R. Smit, "Developing an eective social presence system for older adults: The Connected Vitality Network," in Information Technology Interfaces (ITI), Proceedings of the ITI 2013 35th International Conference on, 2013, pp. 153-159. [OpenAIRE]
6. J. M. Beer and L. Takayama, "Mobile remote presence systems for older adults: acceptance, benefits, and concerns," presented at the Proceedings of the 6th international conference on Human-robot interaction, Lausanne, Switzerland, 2011.
7. R. Cornejo, J. Favela, and M. Tentori, "Ambient displays for integrating older adults into social networking sites," presented at the Proceedings of the 16th international conference on Collaboration and technology, Maastricht, The Netherlands, 2010. [OpenAIRE]
8. J. Favela, A. I. Martínez-Garcia, M. D. Rodríguez, and V. M. González, "Ambient Computing Research for Healthcare: Challenges, Opportunities and Experiences," Computación y Sistemas, vol. 12, 2008.
9. D. Muñoz, R. Cornejo, F. J. Gutierrez, J. Favela, S. F. Ochoa, and M. Tentori, "A social cloud-based tool to deal with time and media mismatch of intergenerational family communication," Future Generation Computer Systems, 2014.
10. J. C. Aceros, J. Pols, and M. Domènech, "Where is grandma? Home telecare, good aging and the domestication of later life," Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
11. M. Alwan, "Passive in-home health and wellness monitoring: Overview, value and examples," in Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2009. EMBC 2009. Annual International Conference of the IEEE, 2009, pp. 4307- 4310.
12. E. Lawrence, C. Sax, K. F. Navarro, and Q. Mu, "Interactive Games to Improve Quality of Life for the Elderly: Towards Integration into a WSN Monitoring System," in eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine, 2010. ETELEMED '10. Second International Conference on, 2010, pp. 106-112.
13. A. A. Mahmud, O. Mubin, S. Shahid, and J.-B. Martens, "Designing social games for children and older adults: Two related case studies," Entertainment Computing, vol. 1, pp. 147-156, 2010.
14. J. Lubben and M. Gironda, "Measuring Social Networks and Assessing their Benefits," in Social Networks and Social Exclusion: Sociological and Policy Perspectives, ed Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Company, 2004, pp. 20-34.
15. J. Lubben, E. Blozik, G. Gillmann, S. Ilie, W. v. R. Kruse, J. C. Beck, and A. E. Stuck, "Performance of an abbreviated version of the Lubben Social Network Scale among three European community-dwelling older adult populations," The Gerontologist, vol. 46, p. 11, 2006. [OpenAIRE]