OBJECTIVE: To analyze the association between weight teasing, body satisfaction and weight control behaviors. METHODS: Cross-sectional study based on adaptation and validity research of a North American questionnaire for adolescent girls about physical activity, nu... View more
1. Finkelhor D, Ormrod R, Turner H, Hamby SL. The victimization of children and youth: a comprehensive, national survey. Child Maltreat 2005;10:5-25.
2. Menzel JE, Schaefer LM, Burke NL, Mayhew LL, Brannick MT, Thompson JK. Appearance-related teasing, body dissatisfaction, and disordered eating: a meta-analysis. Body Image 2010;7:261-70.
3. Neumark-Sztainer D, Falkner N, Story M, Perry C, Hannan PJ, Mulert S. Weight-teasing among adolescents: correlations with weight status and disordered eating behaviors. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2002;26:123-31.
4. Haines J, Neumark-Sztainer D, Hannan PJ, Eisenberg ME. Longitudinal and secular trends in weight-related teasing during adolescence. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2008;16 (Suppl 2):S18-23.
5. Eisenberg ME, Berge JM, Fulkerson JA, Neumark-Sztainer D. Weight comments by family and significant others in young adulthood. Body Image 2011;8:12-9.
6. Puhl RM, Luedicke J. Weight-based victimization among adolescents in the school setting: emotional reactions and copying behaviors. J Youth Adolesc 2012;41:27-40.
7. Puhl RM, Peterson JL, Luedicke J. Weight-based victimization: bullying experiences of weight loss treatment-seeking youth. Pediatrics 2013;131:e1-9.
8. Golan M. Parents as agents of change in childhood obesity - from research to practice. Int J Pediatr Obes 2006;1:66-76.
9. Fulkerson JA, McGuire MT, Neumark-Sztainer D, Story M, French SA, Perry CL. Weight-related attitudes and behaviors of adolescent boys and girls who are encouraged to diet by their mothers. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2002;26:1579-87.
10. Keery H, Eisenberg ME, Boutelle K, Neumark-Sztainer D, Story M. Relationships between maternal and adolescent weight-related behaviors and concerns: the role of perception. J Psychosom Res 2006;61:105-11.