Ashbaugh, H.S. and Pratt, L.R. (2006) Colloquium: Scaled particle theory and the length scales of hydrophobicity. Reviews of Modern Physics 78: 159-178. [OpenAIRE]
Yaminsky, V.V. and Vogler, E.A. (2001) Hydrophobic hydration. Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 6: 342-349. [OpenAIRE]
3. Tilden, W.A. ed., Introduction to the study of chemical philosophy: the principles of theoretical and systematic chemistry, 10th ed. (Longmans, Green, and Company, New York, 1901).
Gristina, A.G. (1987) Biomaterial-centered infection: Microbial adhesion versus tissue integration. Science 237: 1588-1595. [OpenAIRE]
Hench, L.L. (2002) Third-generation biomedical materials. Science 295: 1014- 1017. [OpenAIRE]
6. Thakar, R.G. et al. (2008) Contractilitydependent modulation of cell proliferation and adhesion by microscale topographical cues. Small 4: 1416-1424.
Khang, D. et al. (2008) The role of nanometer and sub-micron surface features on vascular and bone cell adhesion on titanium. Biomaterials 29: 970-983. [OpenAIRE]
8. Stickler, D.J. (2008) Bacterial biofilms in patients with indwelling urinary catheters. Nature Clinical Practice Urology 5: 598- 608. [OpenAIRE]
Hall-Stoodley, L., Costerton, J.W., and Stoodley, P. (2004) Bacterial biofilms: From the natural environment to infectious diseases. Nature Reviews Microbiology 2: 95-108.
10. Götz, F. (2002) Staphylococcus anf biofilms. Molecular Microbiology 43: 1367-1378.
11. Costerton, J.W. et al. (1987) Bacterial Biofilms in Nature and Disease. Annual Review of Microbiology 41: 435-464. [OpenAIRE]
12. Matl, F.D. et al. (2008) New anti-infective coatings of medical implants. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 52: 1957-1963.
13. Lowe, H.C. and Khachigian, L.M. (2002) Coating stents with antirestenotic drugs: The blunderbuss or the magic bullet? Circulation 105: E29-E29. [OpenAIRE]
14. Bechert, T., Steinrücke, P., and Guggenbichler, J.P. (2000) A new method for screening anti-infective biomaterials. Nature Medicine 6: 1053-1056. [OpenAIRE]
15. Lu, X. et al. (2007) Spectroscopic analysis of titanium surface functional groups under various surface modification and their behaviors in vitro and in vivo. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research 84A: 523- 534.