Subject: Brazil | RC109-216 | Research Article | HIV | Adolescents | Young adults | Review | Infectious and parasitic diseases | Science & Technology, Life Sciences & Biomedicine, Infectious Diseases, Brazil, HIV, Adolescents, Young adults, Review, RIO-DE-JANEIRO, HUMAN-IMMUNODEFICIENCY-VIRUS, HEPATITIS-C VIRUS, PREGNANT-WOMEN, SOUTHERN BRAZIL, SAO-PAULO, EPIDEMIOLOGIC PROFILE, TESTING CENTERS, MATO-GROSSO, ADOLESCENTS
mesheuropmc: virus diseases
Abstract Background Despite young people being a key population for HIV prevention, the HIV epidemic amongst young Brazilians is perceived to be growing. We therefore reviewed all published literature on HIV prevalence and risk factors for HIV infection amongst 10-25 ye... View more
1. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). The gap report. UNAIDS: Geneva, Switzerland; 2014.
2. Camargo BV, Giacomozzi AI, Wachelke JFR, Aguiar A. Romantic relationships, sexual behavior and vulnerability of African-descending and white adolescents towards HIV/AIDS. Saude Soc. 2010;19:36-50.
3. Bastos FIPM, Kerrigan D, Malta MS. Cunha CCd, Strathdee SA. Treatment for HIV/AIDS in Brazil: strengths, challenges, and opportunities for operations research. AIDScience. 2001;1:15.
4. Oliveira-Cruz V, Kowalski J, McPake B. Viewpoint: the Brazilian HIV/AIDS 'success story'-can others do it? Tropical Med Int Health. 2004;9:292-7.
5. Greco DB, Simao M. Brazilian policy of universal access to AIDS treatment: sustainability challenges and perspectives. AIDS. 2007;21(Suppl 4):S37-45.
6. Associated Press. HIV infections rise, thwart Brazil's AIDS efforts. 2014. [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2720485/HIV-infections-risethwart-Brazils-AIDS-efforts.html].
7. Department of Health. Boletim Epidemiológico de AIDS e DST. Brasília: Department of STI, AIDS and Viral Hepatitis, Ministry of Health; 2015.
8. Department of Health. The Brazilian response to HIV and AIDS: global AIDS response progress reporting narrative report. Brasília, DF: Department of STI, AIDS and Viral Hepatitis, Ministry of Health; 2015.
9. Machado DM, Succi RC, Turato ER. Transitioning adolescents living with HIV/ AIDS to adult-oriented health care: an emerging challenge. J Pediatr. 2010; 86:465-72.
10. DiClemente RJ, Salazar LF, Crosby RA. A review of STD/HIV preventive interventions for adolescents: sustaining effects using an ecological approach. J Pediatr Psychol. 2007;32:888-906.