Pluripotency defines the ability of stem cells to differentiate into all the lineages of the three germ layers and self-renew indefinitely. Somatic cells can regain the developmental potential of embryonic stem cells following ectopic expression of a set of transcriptio... View more
1. * Moschidou D, Mukherjee S, Blundell MP, Drews K, Jones GN, Abdulrazzak H, et al. Valproic acid confers functional pluripotency to human amniotic fluid stem cells in a transgene-free approach. Molecular Therapy. 2012;doi: 10.1038/mt.2012.117.
2. * Moschidou D, Guillot PV. Reprogramming human amniotic fluid stem cells to functional pluripotency by manipulation of culture conditions. Nature protocol exchange. 2012;doi:10.1038/protex.2012.032.
3. * Moschidou D, Mukherjee S, Blundell MP, Jones GN, Atala AJ, Thrasher A, et al. Human mid-trimester amniotic fluid stem cells cultured under embryonic stem cell conditions with valproic acid acquire pluripotent characteristics. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22(3):444-58.
4. Takahashi K, Yamanaka S. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell. 2006;126(4):663-76.
5. Yu J, Vodyanik MA, Smugga-Otto K, Antosiewicz-Bourget J, Frane JL, Tian S, et al. Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science. 2007;318(5858):1917-20.
6. Takahashi K, Tanabe K, Ohnuki M, narita M, Ichisaka T, Tomoda K, et al. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell. 2007 131(5):861-72.
7. Nakagawa M, Tanigushi Y, Senda S, Takizawa N, Ichisaka T, Asano K, et al. A novel efficient feeder-free culture system for the derivation of human induced pluripotent stem cells. Sci Rep. 2014;4:3594.
8. Downing TL, Soto J, Morez C, Houssin T, Fritz A, Yuan F, et al. Biophysical regulation of epigenetic state and cell reprogramming. Nature Materials. 2013;12(12):1154-62.
9. Li W, Ding S. Small molecules that modulate embryonic stem cell fate and somatic cell reprogramming. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2010;31(1):36-45.
10. Rybouchkin A, Kato Y, Tsunoda Y. Role of histone acetylation in reprogramming of somatic nuclei following nuclear transfer. Biol Reprod. 2006;74(6):1083.