In the present study sisal fiber–cement composites reinforced with 4% and 6% of short fibers were
developed and their physical–mechanical behavior was characterized. To ensure the composite
sustainability and durability, the ordinary Portland cement matrix was mod... View more
1. Roma Jr LC, Martello LS, Savastano Jr H (2008) Evaluation of mechanical, physical and thermal performance of cement-based tiles reinforced with vegetable fibers. Construction and Building Materials 22: 668-674.
2. CEPED (1982) Utilização de fibras vegetais no fibro-cimento e no concreto-fibra. BNH-DEPEA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
3. Schafer HG, Brunssen GW (1990) Sisal-Fibre Reinforced Lost Form Work for Floor Slabs. In Proceedings Second Intl. Symp. of RILEM on Vegetable Plants and their Fibres as Building Materials. (Sobral, H.S (ed)). London: Chapman and Hall. pp 173-181.
4. Lima PRL (2004) Análise teórica e experimental de compósitos reforçados com fibras de sisal. PhD Thesis. PEC/COPPEDEC/UFRJ. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
5. Melo Filho JD, Silva FA, Toledo Filho RD (2013) Degradation kinetics and aging mechanisms on sisal fiber cement composite systems. Cement and Concrete Composites 40: 30-39.
6. Norton B and Skates H (2000) Technologies for sustainable buildings. In: Anals of World Renewable Energy Congress VI (Edited by Sayigh, A.A.M.). Pergamon, Brighton, UK, part IV, pp 142-147.
7. Lima PRL, Toledo Filho RD, Melo Filho JA (2014) Compressive stress-strain behaviour of cement mortar-composites reinforced with short sisal fibre. Materials Research 17(1): 38-46.
8. Asprone D, Durante M, Prota A, Manfredi G (2011) Potential of structural pozzolanic matrix-hemp fiber grid composites. Construction and Building Materials 25(6): 2867-2874.
9. Mohr BJ, Biernacki JJ, Kurtis KE (2007). Supplementary cementitious materials for mitigating degradation of kraft pulp fiber-cement composites. Cement and Concrete Research 37(11), 1531- 1543.
10. Lima PRL and Toledo Filho RD (2008) Uso de metacaulinita para incremento da durabilidade de compósitos à base de cimento reforçados com fibras de sisal. Ambiente Construído 8(4): 7-19.