At present, no treatment recommendations can be made for compulsive buying disorder. Recent studies have found evidence for the efficacy of psychotherapeutic options, but less is known regarding the best pharmacologic treatment. The purpose of this review is to present ... View more
1. McElroy SL, Keck PE Jr, Pope HG Jr, Smith JM, Strakowski SM. Compulsive buying: a report of 20 cases. J Clin Psychiatry. 1994;55(6):242-8.
2. Black DW. A review of compulsive buying disorder. World Psychiatry. 2007;6(1):14-8.
3. Di Nicola M, Martinotti G, Mazza M, Tedeschi D, Pozzi G, Janiri L. Quetiapine as add-on treatment for bipolar I disorder with comorbid compulsive buying and physical exercise addiction. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2010;34(4):713-4.
4. Lejoyeux M, Ades J, Tassain V, Solomon J. Phenomenology and psychopathology of uncontrolled buying. Am J Psychiatry. 1996;153(12):1524-9.
5. Kraepelin E. Psychiatrie: Ein Lehrbuch fu¨r Studierende und A¨ rzte. Leipzig: Johann Ambrosius Barth; 1909.
6. Bleuler E. Textbook of psychiatry. New York: The Macmillan company; 1934.