Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have become indispensable in human medicine and genomics, but very few have been carried out on bacteria. Here we introduce Scoary, an ultra-fast, easy-to-use, and widely applicable software tool that scores the components of the p... View more
2. Laabei M, Recker M, Rudkin JK, Aldeljawi M, Gulay Z, Sloan TJ, et al. Predicting the virulence of MRSA from its genome sequence. Genome Res. 2014;24(5):839-49.
3. Sheppard SK, Didelot X, Meric G, Torralbo A, Jolley KA, Kelly DJ, et al. Genomewide association study identifies vitamin B5 biosynthesis as a host specificity factor in Campylobacter. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2013;110(29):11923-7.
4. Desjardins CA, Cohen KA, Munsamy V, Abeel T, Maharaj K, Walker BJ, et al. Genomic and functional analyses of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains implicate ald in D-cycloserine resistance. Nat Genet. 2016;48(5):544-51.
5. Farhat MR, Shapiro BJ, Kieser KJ, Sultana R, Jacobson KR, Victor TC, et al. Genomic analysis identifies targets of convergent positive selection in drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Nat Genet. 2013;45(10):1183-9.
6. Earle SG, Wu C-H, Charlesworth J, Stoesser N, Gordon NC, Walker TM, et al. Identifying lineage effects when controlling for population structure improves power in bacterial association studies. Nat Microbiol. 2016;1:16041.
7. Hall BG. SNP-associations and phenotype predictions from hundreds of microbial genomes without genome alignments. PLoS One. 2014;9(2):e90490.
8. Holt KE, Wertheim H, Zadoks RN, Baker S, Whitehouse CA, Dance D, et al. Genomic analysis of diversity, population structure, virulence, and antimicrobial resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae, an urgent threat to public health. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2015;112(27):E3574-81.
9. Lees JA, Vehkala M, Valimaki N, Harris SR, Chewapreecha C, Croucher NJ, Marttinen P, Davies MR, Steer AC, Tong SY, et al. Sequence element enrichment analysis to determine the genetic basis of bacterial phenotypes. Nat Commun 2016;7:12797.
10. Chen PE, Shapiro BJ. The advent of genome-wide association studies for bacteria. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2015;25:17-24.