Subject: Physical Chemistry | Macromolecules and clusters | [PHYS.PHYS.PHYS-CHEM-PH]Physics [physics]/Physics [physics]/Chemical Physics [physics.chem-ph] | Article | [PHYS.PHYS.PHYS-ATM-PH]Physics [physics]/Physics [physics]/Atomic and Molecular Clusters [physics.atm-clus] | Den kondenserade materiens fysik | Q | Fysikalisk kemi | Condensed Matter Physics | Excited states | Atomic and molecular interactions with photons | Science
arxiv: Physics::Atomic and Molecular Clusters
International audience; Intermolecular Coulombic decay (ICD) is a ubiquitous relaxation channel of electronically excited states in weakly bound systems, ranging from dimers to liquids. As it is driven by electron correlation, it was assumed that it will dominate over m... View more
1. Cederbaum, L. S., Zobeley, J. & Tarantelli, F. Giant intermolecular decay and fragmentation of clusters. Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 4778-4781 (1997).
2. Marburger, S., Kugeler, O., Hergenhahn, U. & Möller, T. Experimental evidence for interatomic coulombic decay in Ne clusters. Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 203401 (2003).
3. Jahnke, T. et al. Experimental observation of interatomic coulombic decay in neon dimers. Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 163401 (2004).
4. Öhrwall, G. et al. Femtosecond interatomic coulombic decay in free neon clusters: large lifetime differences between surface and bulk. Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 173401 (2004).
5. Jahnke, T. et al. Ultrafast energy transfer between water molecules. Nat. Phys. 6, 139-142 (2010).
6. Mucke, M. et al. A hitherto unrecognized source of low-energy electrons in water. Nat. Phys. 6, 143-146 (2010).
7. Aziz, E. F., Ottosson, N., Faubel, M., Hertel, I. V. & Winter, B. Interaction between liquid water and hydroxide revealed by core-hole de-excitation. Nature 455, 89-91 (2008).
8. Thürmer, S. et al. On the nature and origin of dicationic, charge-separated species formed in liquid water on X-ray irradiation. Nat. Chem. 5, 590-596 (2013).
9. Slavíček, P., Winter, B., Cederbaum, L. S. & Kryzhevoi, N. V. Proton-transfer mediated enhancement of nonlocal electronic relaxation processes in X-ray irradiated liquid water. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 18170-18176 (2014).
10. Hergenhahn, U. Interatomic and intermolecular coulombic decay: the early years. J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. 184, 78 (2011).