1. Asunción M, Calvo RM, San Millán JL, Sancho J, Avila S, Escobar-Morreale. A prospective study of the prevalence of the polycystic ovary syndrome in unselected Caucasian women from Spain. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000; 85(7): 2434-8.
2. Lobo RA, Carmina E. The importance of diagnosing the polycystic ovary syndrome. Ann Intern Med 2000; 132(12): 989-93. [OpenAIRE]
3. Glueck CJ, Phillips H, Cameron D, Sieve-Smith L, Wang P. Continuing metformin throughout pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome appears to safely reduce first-trimester spontaneous abortion: a pilot study. Fertil Steril 2001; 75(1): 46-52.
4. Glueck CJ, Wang P, Goldenberg N, Sieve-Smith L. Pregnancy outcomes among with polycystic ovary syndrome treated with metformin. Hum Reprod 2002; 17(11): 2858-6.
5. Moghetti P, Castello R, Negri C, Tosi F, Perrone F, Caputo M. Metformin effects on clinical features, endocrine and metforminabolic proliles and insulin sensitivity in polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 6-month trial followed by open, long term clinical evaluation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000; 85(1): 139-46. [OpenAIRE]
6. The Rotterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored PCOS Consensus Workshop Group. Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril 2004; 81(1):19-25.
7. Nybo AM, Wohlfahrt J, Christens P, Olsen J, Melbye M. Maternal age and fetal loss: population based register linkage study. BMJ 2000; 320: 1708-12. [OpenAIRE]
8. Gray RH, Wu LY. Subfertility and risk of spontaneous abortion. Am J Public Health 2000; 90(9): 1452-4.
9. Balen AH, Tan SL, MacDougall J, Jacobs HS. Miscarriage rates following in vitro fertilization are increased in women with polycystic ovaries and reproduced by pituitary desensitization with buserelin. Hum Reprod 1993; 8(6): 959-64.
10. Velásquez EM, Mendoza SG, Wang P, Glueck CJ. Metformin therapy is associated whit decreased plasma plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, lipoprotein(a), and inmunoreactive insulin levels in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. Metabolism 1997; 46(4): 454-7.
11. Glueck CJ, Wang P, Fontaine RN, Sieve-Smith L, Tracy T, Moore SK. Plasminogen activator inhibitor activity: an independent risk factor for the high miscarriage rate during pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Metabolism 1999; 48(12): 1589-95.
12. Atiomo WU, Bates SA, Condon JE, Shaw S, West JH, Prentice AG. The plasminogen activator system in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril 1998; 69(2): 236-41.
13. Mikola M, Hiilesmaa V, Hailttunem M, Suhonen L, Titinen A. Obstetric outcome in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Hum Reprod 2001; 16(2): 226-9.
14. Radon PA, McMahon MJ, Meyer WR. Impaired glucose tolerance in pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Obstet Gynecol 1999; 94(2): 194-7
15. Glueck CJ, Wang P, Kobayashi S, Phillips H, SieveSmith L. Metformin therapy throughout pregnancy reduces the development of gestational diabetes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril 2002; 77(3): 520-5.