Subject: market | open access | scholarly communications | plan S | scholarly communication | Open access; publishing; scholarly communication; commons; market | Z | publishing | Library and information science | research policy | commons | Bibliography. Library science. Information resources
The announcement of Plan S in September 2018 has triggered a wide-ranging debate over how best to accelerate the shift to open access. The Plan’s ten principles represent a call for the creation of an intellectual commons, to be brought into being through collective act... View more
1. cOAlition S, 'Plan S: Making Full and Immediate Open Access a Reality', 2018, https://www.coalition-s.org/ (accessed 20 December 2018).
3. Danny Kingsley, 'Most Plan S Principles Are Not Contentious', Unlocking Research (blog), 12 September 2018, https://unlockingresearch-blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=2145 (accessed 20 December 2018).
4. Dan Pollock and Ann Michael, 'News & Views: Potential Impact of Plan S', Delta Think (blog), 24 September 2018, https://deltathink.com/news-views-potential-impact-of-plan-s/ (accessed 20 December 2018).
5. Martin Enserink, 'In Dramatic Statement, European Leaders Call for “Immediate” Open Access to All Scientific Papers by 2020', Science | AAAS (blog), 27 May 2016, https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/05/dramatic-statement-european-leaders-call-immediate-open-access-all-scientific-papers (accessed 20 December 2018).
6. Rob Johnson et al., 'Towards a Competitive and Sustainable OA Market in Europe - A Study of the Open Access Market and Policy Environment' (Zenodo, 28 February 2017); DOI: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.401029 (accessed 20 December 2018).
7. Carlos Moedas, 'Statement by Carlos Moedas: “Plan S” and “COAlition S” - Accelerating the Transition to Full and Immediate Open Access to Scientific Publications', European Commission, 4 September 2018, https://ec.europa.eu/commission/commissioners/2014-2019/moedas/announcements/plan-s-and-coalition-s-accelerating-transition-full-andimmediate-open-access-scientific_en (accessed 20 December 2018).
8. 'Monitoring the Transition to Open Access: December 2017', https://www.universitiesuk.ac.uk/policy-and-analysis/reports/Pages/monitoring-transition-open-access-2017.aspx (accessed 20 December 2018); David Matthews, 'Huge Rise in Subscription Costs despite Open Access Switch', Times Higher Education (THE) (blog), 5 December 2017, https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/huge-rise-subscription-costs-despite-open-access-switch (accessed 20 December 2018); D. Matthews, 'Deal Impasse Severs Elsevier Access for Some German Universities', Times Higher Education (THE), 6 January 2017, https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/deal-impasse-severs-elsevier-access-some-german-universities (accessed 20 December 2018).
9. Holly Else, 'Nature - Radical Open-Access Plan Could Spell End to Journal Subscriptions', 4 September 2018, https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-06178-7 (accessed 20 December 2018).
10. David Prosser, 'RLUK - Plan S - A Major Shift for Open Access in Europe', 5 September 2018, https://www.rluk.ac.uk/plan-s-a-major-shift-for-open-access-in-europe/ (accessed 20 December 2018).
11. 'UK Research Funders Target Hybrid Open Access Charges | THE News', https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/uk-research-funders-target-hybrid-open-access-charges (accessed 1 November 2018).