1. Pocock SJ, Elbourne DR. Randomized trials or observational tribulations? N Engl J Med. 2000;342:1907-9. [OpenAIRE]
2. Collier R. Rapidly rising clinical trial costs worry researchers. CMAJ. 2009; 180(3):277-8.
3. Tudur Smith C, Hickey H, Clarke M, Blazeby J, Williamson PR. The Trials Methodological Research Agenda: results from a priority setting exercise. Trials. 2014;15:32.
4. Dye C, Boerma T, Evans D, Harries A, Lienhardt C, McManus J, et al. World Health Organisation. The World Health Report 2013: Research for universal health coverage. http://www.who.int/whr/2013/report/en/. Accessed 14 July 2017.
5. OECD DAC List of ODA Recipients. http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/ documentupload/DAC%20List%20of%20ODA%20Recipients%20 2014%20final.pdf. Accessed 14 July 2017.
6. GRADE Working Group. http://www.gradeworkinggroup.org/. Accessed 14 July 2017.
7. Williamson PR, Altman DG, Bagley H, Barnes KL, Blazeby JM, Brookes ST, et al. The COMET Handbook: version 1.0. Trials. 2017;18(Suppl 3):280.
8. Mahendradhata Y, Nabieva J, Ahmad RA, Henley P, Launois P, Merle C, et al. Promoting good health research practice in low- and middle-income countries. Glob Health Action. 2016;9:1.
9. Abrams A, Siegfried N, Geldenhuys H. Adolescent experiences in a vaccine trial: a pilot study. S Afr Med J. 2011;101:884-6. [OpenAIRE]
10. Ramjee G, Coumi N, Dladla-Qwabe N, Ganesh S, Govinden R, Guddera V, et al. Experiences in conducting multiple community-based HIV prevention trials among women in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. AIDS Res Ther. 2010;7:10. [OpenAIRE]